Winter Break - Ch. 28

The common room was boy-free. It was the last night before they would leave for the break and a truce had been decided between them all. While the guys slipped into Hogsmead for the three broomsticks, the girls sat around the common room.

Pansy sat in one of the armchairs, as did Hermione. Luna and Ginny shared a couch. Astoria and Daphne shared a couch. And Lavender had one to her own, resting her back against the armrest with her legs straight.

They sat in silence for a few minutes, sharing the bottle of wine cooling on the coffee table. After it became unbearable, Pansy spoke. "We need a topic. A topic interesting and something we can drag out"

Astoria sat up instantly and Daphne soon followed, smirking. Ginny grinned and hid it behind her cup but her eyes landed on Hermione. Lavender was confused but intrigued, as was Luna.

"What's been happening between you and Draco, Granger?"Pansy asked, shifting in her seat to toss her legs over the armrest.

Hermione took a slow sip from her drink, aware of all the eyes on her. "I'm not sure what you're talking about"

"Let's start from the beginning"Ginny cleared her throat and leaned over. "What happened that led you two to sit in the bathtub together drinking?"

"That isn't the beginning"Luna said softly. "The beginning is when she wore his shirt the first night we began the weekly drinking night"

"The black shirt"Pansy smirked.

"Or you could also talk about where you and Draco disappear to every Saturday"Astoria added.

"Or I could stay silent because it really isn't any of your business"

"Oh come on, we need some entertainment" Lavender groaned, "You stay locked up together for hours but claim nothing's going on"

"Nothing is going on"

Pansy and Ginny scoffed. "There might not be any love-bites or sore areas but something is going on"

"What gives you that idea?"

"Draco has been awfully protective of you" Pansy smirked. "He's always watching when guys come up to you and he's always watching your every move when you're around Weasley. He wasn't like that 2 months ago"

"I do not control his actions. You should ask him"Hermione narrowed her eyes.

Ginny and Pansy shared a look that left Hermione feeling suspicious. "What about you?" Ginny asked.

"What about me?"

"You've memorized his footsteps that you don't even have to turn around to know it's him behind you. That's something"Ginny grinned.

"And those private conversations you have in this very room" Pansy said. "You always change the subject when anyone else is around"

"I don't know what you want to hear me say-"

"She wants questions"Lavender clarified.

"Have you and Draco Malfoy kissed?" Ginny questioned.

Hermione froze, her cup half way to her mouth. An eyebrow raise from Ginny was all it took for her to blush. Ginny gasped dramatically, "YOU HAVE?!"

"No!" Hermione rushed out.

"That blush says otherwise, Granger"Astoria smirked.

"We have not"Hermione said hardly. She looked down at her cup. "Not yet" She added quietly.

"Are you disappointed? You seem disappointed. Do you want to kiss him?" Luna asked curiously.

All eyes shifted to Luna before back to Hermione. Pansy's hand slapped over her mouth. "You've fallen for him, haven't you?"