Home - Ch.33

Draco was discharged the next day, having had to stay over night just in case. All of them had. Hermione stayed at his side the whole night. After the healers had healed his hand properly and apparently some internal injuries they hadn't noticed before, he had been taken to a separate room to be examined by the Malfoy family healers.

He had been given a room, much more comfortable than a regular hospital room and the bed was large enough for Hermione to sleep beside him. He had practically threatened the guard at the door to not let anyone in before 6 the next morning.

That was around the time Hermione woke up. It had to be after 6, she heard Draco talking to someone. His head was over hers, one arm under her head and the other around her waist.

"I don't understand"

"It's really not that difficult, Draco"

"You've just decided to change your mind? After sending me 30 letters a day for the last 2 weeks"

"I told you. I didn't believe her, and I didn't trust her intentions. The way she acted last night- according to the healer, the patronus hadn't been sent for over a minute before she burst through the floo. I don't... trust her still. But I am willing to let you be, I won't intervene in your relationship or your choices"

Draco tightened his arms around her. "I'm glad you've come to a decision, Mother"

There was silence but Hermione thought Narcissa might've made a movement to show that she had heard. "Your friends are waiting to see you. I think you should wake her"

And then there were footsteps leading away before the door closed.

"She's accepted us" His voice surprised her, causing her to jump. She hadn't expected his mouth to be so close to her ear. She heard a chuckle and pulled away to glare at him.

Her annoyance faded as he dragged a thumb down her cheek before he leaned in and pressed his lips to her forehead. "Did you sleep well?" she mumbled, closing her eyes.

"Well enough" He answered. "Bloody healers kept coming to check on me in the night. Didn't know how to be quiet either"

She rolled her eyes and pulled away, attempting to sit up. He helped her with his hand, before wrapping it around her waist. She glanced at him before at the monitors beside them. "How are you feeling?"

He had had 3 broken ribs, internal bleeding and multiple burns and bruises that would heal in a day or two. He had fractured his hand but skelegrow had helped out. He had been given multiple potions as well, some that kept him up and some that kept him asleep.

"Hungry. We'll go home-" He stopped suddenly. She turned around, concerned and found him watching her. "What?" She asked.

"You're going back to the Weasleys now, aren't you?"

Her eyes drifted off from his and rested near his head. "No. No, I'll be staying with you" She didn't want to exactly deal with all the questions about him or have to see Ron.

"You don't want to go back to them, do you?" He was studying her every expression carefully.

She sighed and slowly got off the bed. She fixed her skirt and shirt, trying to avoid his question but he caught her by the hand before she could get too far. He didn't have to ask again, she told him.

"When I got the patronus, we were having a dinner-reunion thing. All the Weasleys were there, a few members of the Order, Kingsley and other family friends. They all heard it. And then when I was trying to leave... Ron tried to stop me" She held up a hand when he tried to sit up.

"We had a small argument but... they all know now. They all know you're my boyfriend, well fiancé now. But I don't want to deal with their questions, not yet"