ೃ⁀➷vii. ᴍᴜᴅʙʟᴏᴏᴅs ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀʟғᴏʏ

Start from the beginning

"I don't believe it!" ( Y/N ) could her a Gryffindor sighed.

Ron was the first to perk up from their reading with a worried expression on his face. "Uh oh. I smell trouble." The trio sighed and went over to the Quidditch teams to see if they could stop anything from starting.

Draco Malfoy appeared from the group of Slytherin's with a smirk on his face. Harry couldn't believe it since he's never seen Him play Quidditch before.

"Malfoy?" Harry questioned.

"That's right," Draco swung his broom to his other hand. "And that's not all that's new this year."

Hermione, Ron and ( Y/N ) looked at the fancy brooms that the Slytherin's had compared to the Gryffindor's. Ron gasped, knowing exactly which ones they were. ( Y/N ) frowned in confusion, not thinking that a broomstick would have a name or be as top of the line as them.

"Those are Nimbus 2001's!" Ron's mouth dropped agape.

"How did you get those?"

"A gift from Draco's father," A Slytherin player replied.

"You see, Weasley, unlike some my father can afford the best." Draco stated.

"At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in," Hermione snapped. "They got in on pure talent."

This ticked Draco off and he headed towards them with a glare on his face. "No one asked your opinion. You filthy little Mudblood."

Hermione glared at him, not knowing what to say. ( Y/N ) didn't know what Mudblood meant, but it seemed to upset her. And ( Y/N ) couldn't help but get ticked off herself.

"You'll pay for that one, Malfoy," Ron raised his wand. "Eat slugs!"

Green light came from his wand and blasted him backwards to the ground instead. The Slytherin's laughed, while the Gryffindor's jogged over to help Ron get back up. When they got over, they could see Ron trying to hold something in his mouth.

"You okay, Ron?" Hermione asked, helping him up.

Ron sat up and started groaning.

"Say something,"

Just like that, a slimy creature flew out of his mouth. Everyone groaned, giving some 'ews' as the creature began slithering away, leaving a trail of slime.

Collin appeared from behind with his camera in his hand. He smiled as the creature slithered away taking more pictures from the disaster curse attempt.

9wow! Can you turn him around, Harry?" Collin asked.

"No, Collin," Harry stood up to help Ron up and so did ( Y/N ) and Hermione. "Get out of the way."

As they got a little further away, ( Y/N ) stopped on her tracks and his behind a wall. The trio waited for her to follow them, wondering what she was doing.

"What's the weirdo doing?" Ron groaned.

Before the Slytherin's started walking away from the event, a member of the team noticed that Malfoy was as still as a rock. He frowned in confusion and stopped on his tracks, making the other Slytherin Quidditch players stop with him.

"Malfoy?" A player walked over to him.

They turned around and saw... liquid coming from his under him. Some of the Gryffindor's burst out into laughter, including Hermione and Harry from behind.

"Malfoy peed himself!" The laughing grew as ( Y/N ) wiped her noise and followed the trio over to Hagrid's hut.

————————————

"THIS calls for specialist equipment,"

Hagrid said as he walked over to the four with a large metal bucket for Ron and his slugs. The half-giant sat down and the slugs kept coming out from Ron. Hagrid's hut was nice, kind of like a cabin. The walls were wood and there was a large-sized bed for Hagrid to sleep in.

Another slug came out from Ron and Harry patted him on the back for comfort.

"Better out than in," Hagrid nodded. "Who was Ron trying to curse, anyway?"

Harry sighed. "Malfoy. He called Hermione..."

"Um, well, I don't, I don't know exactly what it means," Harry frowned.

Hermione stood up from her seat from Bessie's ( Y/N ) with her arms crossed against her chest, signing at the memory of that word. "He called me a Mudblood."

Hagrid gasped. "He did not."

"What's a Mudblood?" Harry questioned.

Hermione's vision got glassy from fighting back the tears, turning around to face the four and explain the horrid word and its meaning.

"It means dirty blood," Hermione breathed out. "Mudblood's a really foul name for someone who's Muggle-born. Someone with non-magic parents. Someone like me."

"It's not a term one usually hears in civilized conversations," Hermione looked down at the floor.

"See, the thing is, Harry there's some wizards, like the Malfoy family who think they're better than everyone else because they're what people call pure-blood."

"That's horrible," Harry frowned and ( Y/N ) nodded in agreement.

Ron looked up from the bucket. "It's disgusting."

"And it's codswallop, to boot," Hagrid added. "Dirty blood... why, there isn't a wizard alive today that's not half-blood or less."

"More to the point, they've yet to think of a spell that our Hermione can't do," Hermione slightly smiled at Hagrid.

"Come here," She stood up and walked over to Hagrid who held her hand.

"Don't you think on it, Hermione," Hagrid patted her shoulder. "Don't you think on it for one minute."