Coming of Age

The Dragonpit, King's Landing

113 AC

After that it was custom to call her party the Blacks and Alicent's party the Greens. 

House Velaryon and the Blackwater Bay Houses, House Arryn and the Vale, House Baratheon and the Stormlands—she had promised that one of Borros's future son would be the husband of one of her future daughters—House Stark and the North, as well as some Reachmen and Riverlander Houses backed her.

Borros had married Elenda Caron and they had twins already—Alexander Baratheon and Cassandra Baratheon.

And in 113 AC, Jaehaera and Rhaenyra turned sixteen. Jaehaera had formerly taken Dragonstone as her seat now she was of age.

Laenyx and Jaehaera had grown closer over the years, regularly flying together, training, or charity work.

Laenor and Rhaenyra were betrothed as well, and would marry in the same ceremony as Laenyx and Jaehaera.

Laena practically lived in the Dragonpit as the preparations were made for the double wedding. Viserys had appointed her the Mistress of Dragons, in charge of the training, rearing, and care of the dragons of House Targaryen.

The Skystrider, the smallfolk dubbed Laena. She was the best in the family with the dragon horns, able to make them do complicated tricks in the sky.

It is going to be in a few days. Jaehaera told Vermithor as she stroked his snout.

I approve of him. Vermithor purred a bit as she scratched a spot he hadn't been able to reach.

Good to know. I remember when I went on the royal progress last year in the Westerlands. the silver-gold haired Princess of Dragonstone.

The Bronze Fury had chased off many suitors who sought to court her despite her betrothal to Laenyx. Jaehaera had apologized and smoothed the ruffled feathers.

Silverwing stirred as Laenyx entered the Dragonpit.

"Care for a race?" the Knight of the Sea called. He had been knighted recently as well.

"Prepare to lose." the Fire Princess smirked.

The two dragons were saddled and launched into the sky.

Vermithor won the race.

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it.