Tourney

The Red Keep, King's Landing

105 AC

Jaehaera and Rhaenyra entered their mother's chambers. Aemma was heavily pregnant with their sibling.

Midwives fluttered around. Maester Mellos however, Aemma's personal Maester, refused to let Rhaenys's new cabal of midwives and Maesters attend the queen.

Aemma also refused to let the cabal attend her, despite Rhaenys insisting it would be better for the pregnancy. Even when Corlys pointed out Gerardys had twenty three more silver links then Mellos.

The Arryn Queen was firm in traditions of Westeros. That time tested tradition was more trustable then the new cabal.

"Ah... Rhaenyra, Jaehaera. You know I don't like you to flying when I'm in this condition." Aemma said.

"You don't like us flying while you are in any condition." Jaehaera pointed out bluntly.

"Did you sleep?" Rhaenyra asked.

"I slept." Aemma answered.

"How long?" the princess named after the Conciliator inquired.

"I don't need mothering, girls." Aemma said chidingly.

"Everyone here is concerned about the babe." Jaehaera said.

"Someone needs to look after you." Rhaenyra added.

"Is that an egg?" Aemma asked, noticing the egg in Jaehaera's hands.

"For our sibling." Jaehaera shrugged, placing it on a small table.

"You two will lie in the bed soon enough. This discomfort his how we serve the realm." Aemma explained patiently.

"I would rather be a knight and ride to battle and glory." the violet eyed twins said in sync. 

It was a habit at this point, no matter how much Laena complained how freaky it was.

In their defense, Ser Arryk and Ser Erryk did the same thing. So Viserys brushed it off as something that was not that disturbing, but mildly funny.

"We have royal wombs, all three of us. Along with being the future Queen and Hand, Jae and Nyra, this childbed is our battlefield. You must learn to face it with a stiff lip. Now go take a bath, you stink of dragon." Aemma patiently told her daughters.

Tourney Grounds, King's Landing

105 AC

Jaehaera sat next to her father as the heir, with Rhaenys on his left. Laenyx sat next to her as well.

She smothered a smile as Rhaenyra walked into the royal booth—she was late. Both girls were wearing red dresses, but Rhaenyra's was more scarlet in color while Jaehaera's was crimson with silver lace patterns.

"Uncle Daemon is competing." Jaehaera said in High Valyrian.

"I know." Rhaenyra answered, sitting next to Laena and Laenor.

The contestants lined up. Daemon unseated Gwayne Hightower, the son of the previous Hand, Otto.

Alicent was serving as one of their mother's Ladies in Waiting. Daemon rode up to the platform.

"May I have your favor, Rhaenyra?" Daemon drawled.

Shrugging, Rhaenyra tossed him one of her hair ribbons. "Good luck, Uncle Daemon."

A knight the Fire Princess didn't know caught her eye. Rhaenys and her children grimaced when both Borros and Boremund Baratheon by the knight, Ser Criston Cole.

She turned to Ser Harrold.

"What do you know about this Ser Criston Cole?" Jaehaera inquired.

Harrold answered her question. "I'm told Ser Criston is common-born, son of Lord Dondarrion's steward. But other than that, and the fact that he's just unhorsed both of the Baratheon lads, I really couldn't say."

"He caught your eye, cousin?" Laenyx asked.

"Yes." Jaehaera shrugged. 

"He's a good warrior." Viserys agreed.

Suddenly, a messenger entered the booth and whispered something to Viserys and Rhaenys.

Jaehaera caught only a few words, both about her mother and the labor.

"Is Mother going to be alright?" she asked her father.

Viserys hesitated. "I don't know. But I pray that both her and the babe live."

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it.