The Hightower Maid

Skies Above King's Landing/Blackwater

103 AC

"YEAH!" Jaehaera screamed in delight as she soared above King's Landing. Vermithor roared back in happiness, before a flip in the sky.

Syrax roared, erupting from the cloud next to Vermithor.

"Jae! This is amazing!" Rhaenyra yelled in delight.

Let's skim over the bay. Jaehaera said down the bond. "Rhae! Let's see if your training has paid off!"

Got it. Vermithor growled.

He dove down in a sharp dive before pulling up enough to skim over the waves. Jaehaera turned to see Rhaenyra coax Syrax to do the same, but the yellow she dragon aborted mid way.

Two tries later and Vermithor circling back to instruct Syrax, the mount of Rhaenyra Targaryen was able to pull off the dive perfectly.

The Bronze Fury and the Yellow Queen, as the courtiers had dubbed Syrax, eventually flew back near midday, entering the Dragonpit.

As Jaehaera stroked Vermithor's neck she frowned. I don't like that you have to be locked up like this.

Jaehaerys told me about a story once. That Aenar the Exile has a vault of treasure somewhere in the Blackwater bay. He told Viserys when he became heir. Vermithor said.

WHAT?!

Small Council Chambers, the Red Keep

103 AC

"You're late Jae, Rhae." Viserys said as Jaehaera and Rhaenyra entered the Small Council chambers.

"Sorry." the identical twins chorused. Jaehaera sat down next to Viserys while Rhaenyra began serving drinks to the men.

"Crime rate is going up. The Night's Watch has declined the criminals because they can't take any more." Daemon said grimly. "The City Watch has been doing everything we can, but we can't do everything at once."

"Send the men too Bloodstone." Jaehaera suggested. The Small Council turned to her. "They can work in the mines. Or send them to other work camps, were they can do something useful."

"That can work. We can make chain gangs and teach them skills they can use when their sentences are over." Lyonel said thoughtfully. "This is the solution we need to make the Kingsroad circle to Harrenhal and then back to the main Kingsroad."

"An excellent idea." Rhaenys murmured. "Use them for projects while teaching them skills they can use later in life."

"Send out the edict. Now you know what to do, Daemon." the Young King barked.

The council continued on.

Gardens of the Red Keep, the Red Keep

103 AC

"Its a beautiful day, is it not?" a voice said and Jaehaera resisted the urge to groan.

Alicent Hightower. AKA 'the Bitch' by Jaehaera.

Alicent had long golden hair, large blue eyes, and a slender body. Jaehaera hated her because she constantly tried to get on Jaehaera's good graces despite being repeatedly rebuffed.

"Yes, Lady Alicent." Jaehaera said. Alicent made to sit down next to her, but Harrold Westerling stopped her. "The Princess did not say you could stay, Lady Hightower."

"Please leave, Lady Hightower." Jaehaera said curtly. Alicent scoffed and left the girl named after the Conciliator. 

That is today's chapter. I hope you have enjoyed it.