Both Riva and Aditi had been given rooms in his private wing, since they were his guests. Her room was just down the hallway from his study. He knocked once at the heavy wooden door. Getting no response, he knocked it again loudly. He tried the doorknob and was surprised to find it open. The room was dark, but he didn't enter, knowing it was against proper decorum.

" Riva wake up, we need to talk." Abhimanyu said loudly.

He heard a soft whimper, and he quickly entered the room, his fingers fumbling for the light switch. The room was illuminated by the lamps, and he saw Riva sleeping uneasily on the bed. 

Her dark hair was spread like a hallow around her delicate, pale face. There was a book clutched in her hands, which he gently took away and kept on the night stand.The realisation that he had overstepped his boundaries came to him, but he could not look away.

" Please..let me go..." Riva choked her smooth cheeks streaked with tears.

 Abhimanyu took a hesitant step towards her, and his heart clenched at the tortured expression on her face. He tapped her shoulder in order to wake her up, wondering what was haunting her in her dreams.

                                                                                          *

She was alone in the terrible and dark room.All her senses were numb, as if she was in an abyss of nothing. She was terrified of her captor and she trembled on the chair. Then suddenly a pair of red eyes appeared. She could not tell how far or near he was. The vivid red eyes blinked and she could feel something breathing on her forehead.

" Why have you brought me here?" Riva demanded, but her voice cracked.

" Don't you know your crimes?" He said, his voice ghastly like nails on chalkboard, " You shot a man to protect your dear daddy, didn't you? He had a family, people who loved him and depended on him! Your father is a scum who destroyed countless lives to satisfy his own greed! He's a monster, and you're no less!"

" I didn't know..." Riva whimpered softly.

" Oh, but you did. You sneaked into the stables like a nosy whore... I'm not a kind man, Rivannah," Suddenly the voice was Abhimanyu's," I will make you regret your existence..."

Riva's eyes widened in horror as she felt something choke her throat. The sudden thought that she was going to die loomed over her, her poor heart was thrumming with fear and exhaustion, as she struggled for air.

" Please...let me go..." She sobbed, as bright spots appeared in her vision.

" Your blood is filthy! You're a weak and pathetic girl! Your father never wanted you, Riva!" She felt her body jerking as he throttled her, " Nobody wants a girl, Riva! Riva-"

"Rivannah!" A clear voice sounded, and her eyes fluttered opened.

 She blinked a few times and saw Abhimanyu looking over her with a worried expression. She remembered her nightmare and sheer terror courses through her veins, and she let out a bloodcurdling scream.

Abhimanyu immediately placed his calloused palm over her mouth, effectively stopping her. Riva thought she was still stuck in the nightmare and struggled against his hand.

" What are you doing?" Abhimanyu groaned, " I'm not going to hurt you!"

 He leaned towards her and patted her back, comforting her, " I'm your friend, Riva. That was just a nightmare...it's gone now. You're safe with me. I will protect you."