15. Hidden in the Mist, Shh!

Tsukiko POV

"I'll be walking in the winter wonderland!" Naruto sang as we, Team seven and the old man, walked along the path way.

I rubbed my eyes, "Ugh! Naruto! Why're you so happy in the morning?"

He turned towards me and grinned, "It's my first time out of the village! A new adventure!" After that, he struck a pose with a fist high in the air and I shook my head at him.

<Yo.> Suddenly something whispered in my ear and I shrieked.

"What is it?!" Kakashi yelled and everyone surrounded the bridge maker in a protective stance. I glared at the little firefly and grinned awkwardly at the group, "Heh, it's nothing. Just a little bug." I slapped the firefly out of my way and continued on.

Everyone rolled their eyes at me and continued on.

"Scared of bugs?" Another voice whispered in my ear and I screeched again. Everyone formed a protective circle and Kakashi asked me what it was. This time, I glared at Sasuke who was trying hard not to smirk.

"Oh you know. A big a$$ fly came buzzing out of nowhere," I smacked Sasuke's head away, "but it's gone now."

Kakashi frowned in his own one eyed way, "Scared of bugs?"

I grinded my teeth together as two annoying chuckles invaded my ears. "No, just annoyed..."

Kakashi stared at me confused before looking at the front. I looked at Sasuke who was pretending to be innocent so instead, I glared at the tiny firefly.

'What do you want?' I whispered at Hotaru and he chuckled.

<Nothin,> He said and he landed on my shoulder, <Just wanted to ask what's up with Ari.>

I rolled my eyes, "He's a member of the village now. He went to Hokage's office to take the ninja test and that's the last I saw of him before coming on this mission. Such. A. Bore." I finished with a kick of a rock.

The rock bounced off and splashed into a puddle. The rock sank down like goo which was suspicious, but not that wierd compared to other things I've seen.

<That's strange...> Hotaru mumbled and I asked him what it was.

<The puddle... It's not--> Before he could finish his sentance, chains came out of the puddle and enveloped Kakashi and before I could say the word, "Die." Kakashi was slit into tiny pieces.

"Kakashi!" I cried out uselessly as the two scary looking guys turned towards the rest of us. Everyone formed a circle in front of Tazuna. I was in the front and chain came flying towards me, but before I could show my talents, a black blob zipped in front of me and deflected the chains.

"Sasuke! I could've gotten that!" I groaned and he looked behind at me doubtfully.

"You sure?" He asked teasingly and I grumbled a yes.

Sakura suddenly gasped and Tazuna called out, "Hey! Move blondie!"

I flicked my eyes over at Naruto to see him shock still and the chains aiming for him. Seeing that both Sasuke and I were too far off to do anything, I whispered eargently to the little firefly, "Hotaru!"

<Geez, I know, I know.> The bug muttered and gusts of fireflies formed in front of Naruto to form Hotaru's human form.

He laughed at the chains coming straight for him before blowing out a few fireflies towards them. The little bugs pushed the chain against the trees and by now, Sasuke have taken out his kunai and he swiftly threw it over at the tree to nail down the chain. After that, I ran over to the two wierdo's and stabbed them both in the necks with my fingers to make them faint.