Chapter 1: "I am a Galra"

"Just take it!" Keith shouts as he hands over his blade. "Dont hurt Shiro anymore. Just take the blade. I know who I am. I don't need the blade to tell me."

At that moment the blade Keith holds starts to glow and transforms into a bigger blade.

"You awoken the blade." Kolivan states, shocked.

"What does that mean?" Shiro asks.

"It means Keith is one of us. He is Galra." Kolivan answers.

"How?" Shiro asks.

"My mother." Keith answers, slightly surprised of this news. "My mother is a galra, this is here blade."

"Krolia is your mother?" Kolivan asks.

"You know my mother?" Keith now looks to the older galra, hopeful.

"Indeed I do." He answers.

"Where is she?" Keith asks.

"That is not for me to share right now." Kolivan answers. "All I can say is she is on a mission and no one can know what mission."

"Keith..." Keith looks over to Shiro, who looks sad. "You're one of them?"

Keith feels a sharp pain in his chest, he knows he will be treated different by the team if he says anything but if he doesn't and they find out it will be worse.

"Its nothing to be ashamed of." Kolivan speaks as if he can read Keith's mind. "You are one of us. Not one of them." He states, referring to Zarkons army.

"I need to find my mother." Keith states.

"That is of another time. We must return you to your castle to form an alliance with Voltron." Kolivan states. "If the leaders of Voltron will agree to it." He adds referring to Keith and Shiro.

"I agree." Shiro answers.

"As do i." Keith answers.

"Then let's return you to the castle." Kolivan replies.

****

"How long has it been?" Lance asks, sounding worried.

"Too long." Allura answers. "We should prepare to enter and attack." She adds.

"Hold on, princess. We have movement of the red lion." Coran stops allura. "They are coming back!" He announces happy.

The red lion returns and everyone meets them in the red lions hanger bay. Keith hesitates to exit the red lion, scared of the result of the news. He then feels a hand place itself on his shoulder. He looks up.

"It'll be okay." Shiro states, in an assuring way. Keith just nods and follows kolivan and Shiro out of the lion.

"Keith!" Lance runs up to him and embraces him. Keith embraces him after hissing a bit in pain. "What did they do to you? Are you okay?" Lance looks Keith up and down.

"I'm fine." Keith answers. He gently pushes Lance off of him.

"What's wrong?" Lance asks.

"I need to tell you all something." Keith states and looks to his team. He let's out a worried sigh. "I'm one of them." He states.

"One of who?" Pidge asks.

"I am a Galra." Keith answers.

Everyone is silent for a minute. Then pidge decides to break the silence.

"I had a feeling." She states.

"How?" Hunk asks.

"He had a knife with the same symbol on it as Ulaz and said it was his mother's. Keith had also mentioned he doesn't know his mother and only had that knife. So my hunch was she is a galra and that makes Keith half galra." She explains.

"So you aren't scared of me?" Keith asks.

"Scared? No. Thrilled? Not really. But can't change who you are." Pidge adds.

"Plus the red and black lion wouldn't have chosen you if you weren't worthy to be on this team." Lance jumps in.

"That's correct." Coran jumps in now.

"Dude, you're like family. I can't hate you." Hunk jumps in.

"I helped raise you. So there's no chance of me turning my back to you." Shiro jumps in next.

Keith looks to allura, worried.

And as he predicted she hated him. She immediately looked away from him, upset. She refuses to look or speak to him.

"The blade of Mamora would like to make an alliance with voltron. We fight Zarkon as allies." Kolivan starts.

"No." Allura answers.

"Allura." Shiro sounds annoyed.

"Shiro, you may be the black lions paladin but I am the princess and that out ranks you. We will not form an alliance with them. And I will not have another Galra on the voltron team. One was enough." She growls.

"What?" Shiro looks to her shocked.

"Who was the first black paladin?" Lance asks.

"Zarkon." Coran answers.

"He betrayed voltron. And if I allow Keith to continue to be a paladin and a leader of voltron I'm afraid of it happening again." Allura states. "I will not have this happen." She states and leaves the room.

Keith starts to feel hot, angry, and betrayed. He is about to go after allura till he feels a hand grab his. He looks to see Lance holding his hand. "Just give her time." He whispers. Keith just nods.

"Give us some time to speak with Allura." Shiro speaks to Kolivan. "It would be a great alliance if we had the blade on our side."

"We will give you three days to decide." Kolivan replies.

"Thank you." Shiro replies back.

"In the mean time, the door to the blade is open to you Keith. If you wish to seek more knowledge of who you are." Kolivan offers.

"Thank you." Keith replies and walks away.

Lance tries to go with but Keith asks him to leave him be. So Lance agrees, sadly.

Keith walks to halls to his room and there she is, allura. She stands outside of Keith's room. "I want you off my ship!" She growls.

"You are kicking me off the team huh?" Keith asks, trying not to sound hurt.

"Effective immediately." She growls now.

Keith sighs, hurt and annoyed. "What if I dont?" He asks.

"Then I will make it hell on this ship for you." She states.

"My life is already a living hell." Keith states and tries to get passed her to his room. She then takes the advantage and punches him in the gut.

Keith gasps on impact and falls to his knees. He coughs up a bit of blood. "You may think so. But the hate I have towards your kind is worse then the hell you think you live." She states and starts walking away.

Keith takes a moment to get back to his feet. "If only you knew." He whispers as if she can hear him.