season 2 chapter 4~ hairspray and electricity

Mulai dari awal

I almost scoff if I weren't so into the conversation. Lets see what more stupid advice Steve Harrington can give my brother.

"Then what?" "You just what until uh until you feel it." "Feel what?" "It's like before it's gonna storm you know? You can't see it but you can feel it like this uh..electricity you know?" "Oh you mean like in the electromagnetic field when the clouds in the atmosphere-" "no no no no no no no like a uh like a sexual electricity."

Oh my gosh.

"Oh." "You feel that and then you make your move." "So that's who you kiss her?"

My eyes widen.

"No whoah whoah whoah whoah slow down Romeo." "Sorry." "Sure okay some girls yeah they want you to be aggressive you know strong hot and heavy like a...I don't know like a lion. But others you gotta be low you gotta be stealthy, like a..like a ninja." "What type is Nancy?" I see his shoulders tense. "I mean. I guess I really never thought about kisses with Nancy like that. They never really had like uh a true feeling other than wrong." "Wrong?" "It just never felt right. Like I wasn't supposed to be kissing her. Like-" "You were in love with someone else?" "I guess you could say that." "Do you like my sister?" "What?" "Do you like Cyndi?" He sighs nodding slightly, "I always have. Even with every other girl I went out with I couldn't help but think about her. About how much I wanted her. I knew she'd never want me. So I just kept going out with other girls instead. But it always came right back to her."

Steve actually likes me?

"Why don't you tell her?" "Cyndi and I have been friends since birth Dustin. I don't want to lose her if she doesn't feel the same way." "You'll never know unless you try." "What do you think I'm doing? Acting on my own advice pretending like I don't care." "All I'm saying is you may be confusing her. You know my sisters special." "Yeah. She really is. and that's one of the things I love about her."

Dustin smiles, "but this girl's special too, you know it's just like something about her." "Whoah whoah whoah hey hey hey." "What?" "You're not falling in love with this girl are you?" "Uh no no." "okay good, don't." "I won't." "She's only gonna break your heart and you're way too young for that sh!t." "Did something happen with you and my sister?" "What no of course not we're not even dating. It's the other girls I've had. Even though I've always been in love with Cyndi doesn't make any of the breakups I've had not hurt. They just make me feel like I'd never be good enough for her."

Nobody says anything else we just keep walking.

"Faberge.", Steve says breaking the silence." "What?", Dustin asks. "It's Faberge organics. Use the shampoo and conditioner and when your hairs damp..it's not wet okay? When it's damp." "Damp." "Do four puffs of the Farrah Fawcett spray." I almost laugh. Steve's darkest secret. "Farrah Fawcett spray?", Dustin starts to chuckle. "Yeah Farrah Fawcett you tell anyone I just told you that your a$$ is grass. You're dead little Henderson you understand?" "yup."

Steve glances back at me seeing I took my headphones off. "How much of this conversation did you hear?", Steve asks. "Just the big secret that you use Farrah Fawcett spray.", I laugh. "You already knew that why are you laughing?" "Cause it's still funny." He rolls his eyes with a smile on his face.

"Get up here and join the rest of us." "Awww how sweet Steve wants my sister closer to him." Steve sends Dustin a glare. I chuckle at their bickering as we keep walking.

We reach the old junkyard after a century of walking. "Oh yeah. Yeah, this will do. This will do just fine.", Steve says taking off his sunglasses. "Good call dude." We continue spreading the remaining bait around dumping the last bit into a pile.

"I said medium well!", Lucas's voice yells in the distance. We look up seeing Steve and a redhead girl I've never seen before but looks around their age walking towards us.