The young boy was tall, and he cut a striking image dressed in the dark blue colored chiton. His black hair brushed his shoulders, and his green eyes were glaring. There was something off.

The two stood in front of him and the feeling of different and more nagged Ariston. He scowled.

Perseus --as he remembered his name --did not bow. He just inclined his head in acknowledgement as Kallikrates greeted him. Ariston still had many questions that needed to be answered; he would decide later if the boy was worthy of the way he was presenting himself. 

Stopping his son when he went on to introduce his lover, he nodded at the boy, "He can speak for himself."

The priest took a step forward, "King Ariston, I-"

The green-eyed boy glared at him and spoke, "I am Perseus."

Ariston's scowl deepened, no titles? "And?"

He noticed as Kallikrates reached to put his hand on Perseus' back. "Perseus Poseidonson."

Something about the boy had been nagging Ariston before he set foot in the temple. His dislike had a reason now, the boy was a liar. This is where Ariston drew the line. He would not tolerate any commoner claiming to be his lord's son!

"You liar! I shall-"

The priest dared to raise his voice, "He tells the truth!"

The King directed his glare at him. In his anger, he did not care this was his lord's priest. "How do you know?"

With satisfaction he noticed the man tremble under his withering glare. "I've seen him. Months ago, he came here once and then just disappeared, he was gone in the blink of an eye! No one noticed his sudden absence but me! It must be the result of godly interference... and- and then-" The man could not form comprehendible words.

Ariston turned back to Perseus, ignoring the man babbling like a child. He had had enough. "You have made the greatest mistake of your life with that lie."

On the other hand, Perseus looked thoroughly unbothered. 

"I will decide an appropriate punishment-"

The word punishment was not even out of his mouth when thunder boomed, and the statue of his lord started to glow. Aside from Perseus, everyone shielded their eyes.

"He shall punish you himself. The world knows the sea god does not treat well to people claiming false words against his family. The sea is vengeful, we know. You should too." Ariston laughed a maniac sound. Behind his hands that covered his eyes, he was smiling in the notion of false victory.

Blind man, blind man. Deprived of true sight. Eyes of arrogance. Mind of ignorance.

Ariston kneeled.

Kallikrates kneeled.

The priest kneeled; his hands still shook.

Perseus remained standing. "Why?" The sea god sighed and rubbed his temples, a very mortal gesture. "I had it under control. I would have shown him Riptide when he was done shouting, you know, and problem solved." 

Poseidon shrugged and walked towards the kneeling king, "You fail to stand up to my expectations. Again." He dragged his trident that he held loosely when he stepped towards Perseus. The sound made a shiver crawl down Ariston's spine.

"He is Perseus," he told the ignorant mortal. "My son."

Kallias resisted the urge to smile when Poseidon hugged Seus and he reluctantly tried to push the god back. Then, by an invisible force, Kallias was pulled up to his feet and he found himself standing beside Perseus under the piercing gaze of the Storm Bringer. Kallias was not even looking up, but he could almost feel the god looking past his mortal form and into his soul.

"Careful both of you," the god warned, his voice carrying power. "You have caught Aphrodite's attention." Kallias did not look up. He gulped. Great.

"Kallias," Kallias' head shot up at the god's address. He was surprised to see that the god was not directing any hateful look at him. His expression was soft and Kallias found the resemblance between Seas and his father unnerving. (Would Perseus' face twist in the same way if a day came when he started to hate him?) Kallias shuddered internally.

Poseidon side eyed Ariston and smiled, "A good name." He nodded in appreciation. 

Ariston coughed.

"Kallias," he said again, louder this time. Perseus rolled his eyes, mumbling something. Poseidon ignored him and focused on his child's lover. "You have my blessing." He took his son's hand and gave it to the prince. The sea god knew his son was happy. It made him happy.

From his kneeling position, Ariston voiced, "Thank you, my lord."

The god's mood shifted; his dark eyes promised a storm. Kallias flinched, surprised at the change. Once again, he wondered if Perseus would ever direct his rage at anyone. He knew the calm Perseus, happy Perseus, smiling Perseus, cheerful Perseus. Was Perseus capable of the rage he told he felt when he slewed monsters? He had to be. Perseus would not lie to him; Kallias trusted him. Then again, His name meant avenger and destroyer. 

Poseidon did not turn to face the kneeling king but responded, "This is not a gift to you, Ariston." Ariston suppressed a wince. 

"Kallias has my blessing in the form of my son. As long as he is happy with him, your kingdom shall be safe." he paused. "Otherwise, be ready to face your downfall." He smiled, his teeth too sharp, the light fell on his face to reflect a sickening color, "Your death." He promised.

The threat was not even directed at Kallias, but he shivered in terror.