22

* ─────────° 。 。 ° ───────── *

I squinted my eyes at the dimly lit room as I slowly sat up, rubbing my sleepy eyes calmly as I looked around at my surroundings.

My heart raced as my eyes adjusted to the darkness of the unfamiliar room I was in. Although the room was dark, my conscience made me alert and on edge as I nervously looked around the foreign bed chamber.

Where the hell am I?

The atmosphere was thick, making my head spin out of anxiety as the coldness of the air enclosed itself on my sensitive skin. I shot my hand over my chest, realising I had no shirt on as fear and mystery held me in a tight grasp. I carefully pulled some of the smooth white sheets to my chest in a bundle giving my best effort to hide my venerable body.

While pulling up the sheet I had used to hide away, I noticed a silhouette of a figure on the side of the bed.

My hands subconsciously come to my mouth as to stop myself from screaming. I let out a shaky breath as I tried to steady my breathing and heartbeat from how horrified I was. I banged my hand on my head, trying to recall my memory of anything. Obviously failing, I cautiously scooted closer to the person, keeping the sheet firmly in place over my bare chest.

I took a shaky deep breath, pushing down my anxiety and nervousness as I approached the unknown person sleeping peacefully beside me. Keeping my distance, I let my trembling hand come close to the head of the unfamiliar person but stopped an inch away. The person's head was facing the other way, giving me a full view of the person's dirty blond hair.

I felt an unknown relief in my body as I sat next to them, frozen to the spot. Maybe it was from the confusion and curiosity I was feeling; still, I unknowingly let my fingers trace the side of the mystery person's face. They carelessly touched the soft hair that fell over the face of the person bringing the hair back, revealing the front of the secretive person's face.

My mouth hung open with a gasp, and my eyes widened in shock as the familiar face of Peter presented itself. What the fuck?! Shit, did something happen last night? Why can't I remember anything?!

I was pulled out of my throughs as Peter began moving in his sleep. I sat there dead silent, holding my breath, not daring to move. Finally, after a few seconds of restlessness, he reached a relaxed position, this time on his side, facing me. I let out a breath, thankful I didn't wake him.

I wanted to go for a walk to clear my mind. So I began to slowly move away until the unexpected happened. My eyes widened in shock as my waist was pulled in by an arm, and I was ruffly pushed onto the bed while his arms wrapped themselves around my chest and waist, keeping me there firmly.

"Peter?" I whispered out, confused and flustered. Then, I felt a vibration on my back as he hummed, "Sleep", responding sleepily. My rapid heartbeat came to ease as the sleep I didn't know I craved fell upon me as I fell dozed off in Peter's arms.