3

*✧ ─────────✧° 。✦ 。 ° ✧───────── ✧*

He led me to the queen-size bed, making me sit down as he stood in front of me, looking down. I started to fidget, my hands becoming very interesting. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard a now familiar voice.

"And who might you be, princess?"

I looked up to meet his gaze, and he was already looking me straight in the eyes.

"I'm Anastasia", I spoke a little too quietly. I looked down at the brown wooden floor, my hands making their way up to my long blond hair, stroking it and detangling the knots.

I started to stand up, forcing myself up from the too-comfy bed. My face came intact with a chest; realising how close I was, I took a tiny step back, only to discover the bed was there.

Stupid me.

I began falling a flopped on the bed; I let a huff out as my hair was sprawled across the bed and my face. I heard a chuckle realising that this dooshbag was laughing at me.

I rolled my eyes, brushing the hair off my face. I began to sit up for the second time, this time making my way around the laughing boy. As I stood on the ground, I noticed how Peter observed me closely, watching my every move.

I made my way across the room to the door; as I was about to open it, I felt a pair of hands take mine.

"Now, where do you think you're going? I thought I told you no running away."

"Well, if you have eyes, you can see I'm walking, not running" I rolled my eyes, clearly annoyed and fed up with this boy.

"I'll tell you what; let's make a deal."

My body perked up with this sentence, and my eyes turned to look into his, clearly interested. He grinned; he liked how he got my attention from just that line.

"What kind of deal?" My voice was lathered with curiosity; I mentally cursed myself for letting that emotion seek through.

"How about this, I give you four days to do whatever you want, explore the island, get to know the place, but after those four days, you come back to me?" He had a serious expression on his face, his eyes going a darker shade.

I almost laughed at how stupid and unfair this deal was.

"And what makes you think I would be stupid enough to accept this deal?"

"What if I tell you, you don't have a choice" He smirked and watched my facial expression change but was quickly covered up.

"What do you mean?!" I say, rage plastered into my voice but still keeping it somewhat calm.

"Anastasia, I wouldn't usually give anyone a choice like this, so either take it or have no days at all", He warned.

I gulp down my anxiety and rip my hands from his.

"A week," I say, more confident.

"Don't push your luck", Is all he says, emotionless, while harshly walking out of the cabin, leaving me a confused mess.

***

I stood there, processing what he had just said; a pit in my stomach formed. My hands begin to shake as I try to calm myself down.

My eyes begin to sting, realising I still have no idea how to get off this island. The thought of being away from all I know scares me, being away from a world I know. It's a terrifying feeling.

It scares me even more than being held at gunpoint; a sickening feeling comes across me like my insides were all jumbled.

I put my hand to my thigh, realising my dagger was not there. I'm so dumb; I remember I accidentally flung it across the floor. I get on my hand's knees and look across the ground, searching for my missing dagger.

And finally, I found it; it ended up under the big oak closet. My face lit up as I put it back in its pouch, ready for other uses.

I open the cabin door, existing and make my way down the brown wooden stairs, thankfully not tripping and falling.

Unsure of what to do next, I stand there studying my surroundings again; my eyes trail around and stop at the tree I marked. Then a thought came across me, what if I get as far away as possible from this place? So he won't try to find me if I'm across the island? Am I not that important to have to go out and see?

That little hope bundled in made me move, my motivation. I move in the opposite direction of the marked tree, hoping it will be the right choice.

I walk and mark a tree, walk and mark a tree. I gradually drew fewer trees, observing my surroundings and making mental notes of prominent landmarks I could use to track. Finally, I feel the night closing in as a beautiful sunset forms through the sky. I continue walking, the jungle and trees making beautiful scenery and view for this boring walk.

I should find somewhere to sleep and maybe find some food.

Though food won't be a problem, the horrible memory made its way into my head, forcing me to replay it all again. I fell to my knees on the dirt ground, my head spinning and feeling like it was going to explode. Tears threatened to pour down my face.

I underwent a training course when I was 13 or 14 to help me survive on little food.

It was very extreme and consisted of me sitting on a chair tied up and not eating anything for a week. I survived only on water which I only got once every two days, being blindfolded.

It was exhausting, and my days consisted of me falling conscious and unconscious; the only entertainment I had was my mind.

After sitting in a chair for a week, relying on some water to keep me alive, I was put into a dark forest and made to do laps of the place. My 'father' said it would help me if I needed to be on the run for a long time, so I was trained to keep going without needing food and water 24/7.

I never want to experience that pain again; I remember my stomach had one of the worst pains I have ever encountered. It felt like my insides were eating my raw flesh, my bones being able to break just by any sudden movement.

Horrible, horrible memories.

I was lying on the forest floor, my stomach facing the ground. Those memories felt fresh in my head like I was reliving them. Finally, I decided I was far enough away from the treehouse and decided to just lay here for the night. I was not bothered to move from the dirt floor and just let the ground, hopefully, consume me.

My eyes felt heavy, and I lay there and drifted into a restless sleep.

*✧ ─────────✧° 。 ✦ 。 ° ✧───────── ✧*

Word count: 1185