Ch. 38

Merlin and (Y/n) went their separate ways as he was going to prepare the Prince for his battle soon. As it was starting soon, the girl decided to make her way to the stands and get a good seat for her and Guinevere to watch it. Having a somewhat front row seat, (Y/n) kept an eye out for the brunette as neither Morgana or her have arrived yet.

The stands slowly filled in as the battle drew closer, she couldn't help but feel nervous. Maybe it was the danger she felt for the King or the chance to watch a duel this close up, even though this was like her third time witnessing a duel up close.

"Is this seat taken?"

She looked to her side, a smile on her face, "it's always opened for your Gwen"

The brunette took the seat beside her, "this is a first"

She looked to the side to back at her, "what is?"

A small chuckle came from Guinevere, "you, being here before me for a duel"

(Y/n) did a small nod, "I'm just excited, seeing Arthur go against such a beast"

"I'm guessing that is why everyone is here, to see our very own prince go against a death duel" Guinevere agreed with her.

The (h/c) haired girl looked at her naked wrist, "speaking of which, shouldn't it be starting by now?" She lowered her wrist.

The two looked around to see if they could find the prince.

Guinevere tapped her arm, "over there, here he comes"

(Y/n) looked over to the she was looking at, seeing what she can assume was Arthur but actually the King as he had a helmet on. As they were walking toward them, 'Tristan' started to move from his still position toward them.

His opponent turned toward him and reached for his helmet, when he took it off everyone gasped.

"I am giving you what you want, not the son, but the father on who had done you wrong" Uther announced as he held his helmet on his metal hip.

'Tristan' stopped in front of him, not saying a word.

"I had once asked for your forgiveness, but if you go after my son then I will ask no more, prepare yourself Tristan, I will hold back nothing" Uther exclaimed before putting his helmet back on, the king then drew his sword to ready himself.

'Tristan' drew his own sword and prepared for battle.

As Uther will be partaking in the duel, Morgana is the one who shall announced the start of it.

She stood up from her chair, worry could be seen in her eyes as she held a calm expression on her face,"the duel between these two knights shall now commence!"

And so it did.

(Y/n) leaned forward as she watched as 'Tristan' was the first one to lunge for an attack. She then slightly leaned toward Guinevere, "wasn't expecting that plot twist now were we?"

Guinevere looked at her confused, "what are you saying?" She then shook her head, "I have you know that now is not the time for making jokes"

"Now is the time for jokes, as I have trust that Uther is going to be the one on top" she said as she looked back to the duel, "even if the fellow has the win streak"

The sound of swords clanging against one another echoed the dueling ground.

"Where is Arthur?" Guinevere asked as she looked around for the prince.

(Y/n) shrugged, "I wouldn't be surprised if Uther locked him in a cell to protect him" she commented as she didn't look away, on the edge of her seat as she watched the two duel it out.