Ch. 14

Rustling woke (Y/n) from her slumber, she groaned as she moved her head to see what had woken her up, "hello? God is that you?" She asked out loud as she tried focusing on what was moving.

"Go back to sleep (Y/n)" Merlin's quiet voice said to her.

She sat up in her bed, now getting a better look of the black haired teen. He was dressed in his normal clothes as he held a small bag in his hands. "Merlin, you better not be doing what I think you're doing" (Y/n) said as a yawn interrupted her half way.

Merlin moved to her bed, standing at the end of it, "she's going to lose her father (Y/n), I have to do something for her, and you can't stop me"

She groaned as she took the blanket off of her, "I'm not gonna stop you, I'm coming with" the (h/c) said as she moved to put her shoes on.

The black haired teen's eyes widen as he watched the girl put her shoes on, "really?"

She nodded as she stood up, grabbing a cloak and wrapping it around her, "I'm Gwen's friend too, plus who doesn't like a little sneaking?" (Y/n) shrugged.

"Alright than" was all Merlin replied as he turned around and made his way out of the room.

The teen opened the door and peaked into the room, checking to see if Gaius was still awake. Not hearing anything, he assumed that the old man was asleep and took it as a sign to continue moving through the room. He slowly walked to the shelf's and grabbed some bottle of herbs, using what is inside to put into the small bag. (Y/n) made her way to the door with the ends of the cloak in her hands, not wanting to risk knocking anything over with the fabric.

'I'm really risking letting Merlin go along with this, but it's for the plot, it's for the plot' (Y/n) thought to herself as she knew this would have negative consequences even with it being a right thing.

Merlin put the bottles back in their place before meeting with her by the door, but he accidentally knocked a broom. He was quick to use his magic on it, causing it to freeze in mid air. He let out a sigh of relief as he moved to keep walking, but since he now had to move around the broom he accidentally knocked over a book onto the ground. Merlin looked over to where Gaius slept, fear in his eyes as he waited for him to wake.

A snort came from the sleeping old man as he turned in his sleep, not bothered by the sudden noise in the quiet room. Merlin let out a sigh of relief before making way to the door.

"My heart never jumped so hard in its life" (Y/n) whispered to Merlin as they closed the door behind them.

Merlin nodded, "I thought for sure he was going to wake" he said as the two of them made their way out of the castle.

As knights walked by, the two made sure they were out of their sight. Walking along walls and hiding in corridors, the two made their way to the gate of the castle. Hiding behind some barrels, they watched a two guards stood underneath the gate.

(Y/n) bumped shoulders with Merlin, "do something"

The black haired teen looked to her before looking back over at the guards, he noticed there were some barrels passed the knights, he focused on one as his eyes flashed gold.

One of the barrels was laying on its side, with Merlin's magic it started rolling passed the knights. They look at it confused as it rolled in front of them, knowing that they have to see why it was rolling in the middle of the night, the two of the knights left their position and walked over to where the barrel had rolled.

(Y/n) and Merlin quickly took their chance and ran through the gate, making their way to Guinevere's house.

"How do you know where her house is?" (Y/n) asked him as he looked through windows.