Ch. 7

Nothing else strange happened according to Merlin, and when questioned about Valiant's opponent Gaius said there was nothing out of the norm was on his body. Now his nerves was calmed while (Y/n) knew this was just the beginning for the tournament.

(Y/n) was reading one of Gaius' books when Gaius walked in. He noticed her and walked over to her, "doing your studying already? I expected you to wait till told" he said slightly surprised.

She looked up from the book, making sure to put a finger on where she left off, "with Merlin dealing with Arthur I have no one to distract me so I started reading" (Y/n) replied.

Gaius looked around the room, "where is Merlin?"

She pointed to their shared room, "he's in there doing stuff for Arthur"

He nodded before walking over to the door, (Y/n) looked back to her book and got back to reading. But before she got a sentence done a loud clanging noise caused her to jump and look at the door where Gaius stood.

"I need to get used to the sounds here, not like I can mute things" (Y/n) grumbled as she saved her spot in the book and closed it.

She than stood up and made her way over to Gaius and looked over his shoulder. Various of Arthur's armor laid on the ground along with his sword, (Y/n) rolled her eyes at this.

Gaius turned, making her take a step back from him, "keep an eye on him, make sure he doesn't use magic in front of anyone" he said to her.

(Y/n) nodded her head, "I told you Gaius I got this, I'll make sure he won't lose his head"

Gaius hummed before walking away from her, going to do whatever he does in most of the series.

The (h/c) girl crossed her arms as she turned and looked at Merlin with a raised eyebrow, "since have you've been lazy?"

Merlin groaned as he sat up from his bed, the Book of Sorcery in his lap, "I'm being pulled in to different directions, plus I rather read about magic than do someone else's chores"

"Fair point but let's do this instead, I'll help with cleaning so you'll have more time for magic lessons?" She suggested as she uncrossed her arms.

A slight confuse look moved onto his face, "you'd do that?"

She nodded, "if it helps I'll do anything" (Y/n) said as she moved inside the room and picked up the fallen equipment.

"But you hate chores"

"Don't make me stab you with this" she threatened with the sword in hand, a slight glare in her eyes.

A quick minute of nothing being said between the two, they started laughing.

Merlin looked at (Y/n) with a smile, "thanks (Y/n), I don't know what I'd do without you here"

"Probably lose your mind" she replied as she moved to sit on her bed, placing the equipment beside her before grabbing a rag and the sword, "now, how do I clean a sword?"

A rolled of eyes is what she was replied with before Merlin moved the book off his lap and moved to sit next to her, telling her how to clean the equipment. Once she got it figured out he moved over and started reading where he left off from the Book of Sorcery.

~Next Morning~

(Y/n) and Gaius made their way to the fair ground together, Merlin gone as he was with Arthur and getting him reading for his fight.

'Today is where Merlin discovers Valiant is using a magic shield' (Y/n) thought as her and Gaius stood to the sidelines, waiting till their service was needed.

Valiant's match wasn't till later so (Y/n) wasn't able to watch his fight since Gaius had her by his side the whole time.

She kept a small book with her so when Gaius is working on tending to a wound of a fighter she was writing down what he was doing and how he was doing it.

"Hand me the rag would you?" Gaius asked (Y/n) as he held the shoulder of a fighter as he gestured to the rag closed to her.

She nodded, "I gotcha" she replied as she picked up the rag, putting it in water before giving it to him, "here you go"

"Thank you" he turned to gently apply pressure as he cleaned up around the slightly wounded arm.

The flaps of the tent they were in were quickly moved aside as someone walked in, "Gaius, a fighter was wounded in the fight and requires immediate assistance"

Gaius looked over at the person before looking at (Y/n), "you go and check on this men, do not do anything till I return"

She nodded, "you can count of me" she told him before grabbing her book and heading back to the physician's quarters.

When (Y/n) got back to the quarters she found the knights Ewan on the stretcher, his body showed he was in pain.

She quickly walked over to him and get his forehand, trying her best not to mind the sweat that greeted her hand, "already getting hot, didn't know poison worked that fast" she talked out loud as she removed her hand.

Ewan slowly opened his eyes, moving them to the (h/c) girl that was moving to grab a rag, "th..there was a...a snake from his..sh-shield" he managed to say as his breathing was slowly getting difficult.

(Y/n) turned to him when she heard him speak, her eyes widen at the statement. She walked back to him and dap the rag on his face, "don't speak, you were wounded during the fight, don't worry about anything and just rest" she instructed him.

The knight shook his head slightly, "you don't understand..there was a snake" he tried arguing as he tried to sit up, only to groan and fall back.

"That's not important right now, what is important is you resting and getting your energy back" (Y/n) said to him as she held the rag in front of her.

Not having the strength to argue, Ewan sighed as he felt his eyelids closing slowly.

Seeing that the knight was asleep, (Y/n) placed the rag down and moved his head slowly to the side. She could see that by his collar bone were two snake bites, the area was always starting to bruise slightly.

"I promise I'll keep you alive" (Y/n) whispered to him as she moved his head back, "I just can't watch you die again, not this time" she promised the knight as she grabbed a bowl, poured water in it and wet his face with the rag from earlier.