Ch. 33

"Wake up (Y/n)" Merlin's voice woke up the sleeping girl a small bit along with the shaking he was doing.

She groaned as she lowered the blanket over her head, flinching from the light going into her eyes. "What do you want?" She asked in a husk groggy voice.

He stood up to his height, "have you been sleeping this whole time?"

"What time is it?"

"Almost twilight"

That was enough to make the girl to sit up, "who let me sleep in?"

"That would be Gaius, said you looked like a walking corpse coming in" Merlin joked a bit as he watched the (h/c) haired girl get up from bed.

(Y/n) gestured for him to move as she rubbed her face, "get-get out Merl, I need to change before risking Mordred's escape tonight"

He opened his mouth before closing it and opening it again, "the escape?"

She nodded, "yes now get out" she stood up and began pushing him out of the room.

Took about ten minutes to wake up and change out of the leafy clothes. She opened the door to see Merlin waiting in one of the chairs, messing with a bottle with twig-like items in it.

"Where is Gaius?" (Y/n) asked as the elderly men was no where in sight.

He looked up as he stopped shaking the bottle, "went to give Uther his medicine, should give us time to sneak out" Merlin replied with a slight shrug.

She nodded as she closed the door.

"But there's something else"

"Something else?" She looked at him with a slight raised eyebrow.

Merlin nodded as he placed the bottle on the table, "we tried to sneak the boy out last night, but Arthur caught Morgana and him and Uther has his execution for two days"

(Y/n)'s eyes widen in disbelief before doing a slight chuckle as she shook her head, "you guys did the sneaking without me, and I'm the one who came up with the idea"

"We thought we could get him out through the door to the lower town" he tried to explain their actions.

"I told you the burial vaults and now Uther is onto her, how are we going to get him out now when he's in the dungeons?" She freaked out slightly.

He nodded his head a bit, "this time we'll try to get him to the vaults"

She turned to him, "Mordred is in the dungeons! It'll be impossible to get him out with someone getting caught and you want to risk yourself or Morgana for that?" Her eyes were a bit widen as she was getting worked up with this.

Blue eyes looked at the girl with a surprised look, "you know his name?"

"Yes I know his name, I watched this boy go through life so I know who he is aaaaaand I am talking too much" (Y/n) said as she rolled her lips to thin them.

Merlin stood up from the chair as he approached her, "(Y/n), you have your visions right?"

She looked at him confused for a second, "yes?" She answered like a question.

"Is there anything else you are able to do?"

"What do you mean? I just see things" she leaned back on a foot to be slightly distance herself.

He lowered himself slightly before asking, "Kilgharrah" he said in a hush voice.

(Y/n) couldn't help as her eyes widen slightly at the name, her love for the dragon revealed her knowledge of other things.

He pointed at her, "you can hear him"

It took (Y/n) a minute to try to come up with a lie, but she knew it was taking too for her to answer so she sighed in defeat. She nodded her head, "I can, why did he ask for me?" Her excitement coming through.

The raven haired boy looked at her in slight perplex, "you know about the dragon and you didn't tell me?"

"Listen, listen I saw the dragon as I saw Mordred and thought I try to talk to him with my mind but I haven't seen the creature" (Y/n) carefully explained as she noticed the boy was in disbelief.

"You tried speaking to him?"

"Yes but I chickened out once I heard his elderly voice in my head"

Merlin turned his head as he was in disbelief, he crossed his arms as he turned around a bit.

"Look Merl, it's not my fault how do I tell you that it's getting worse"

He turned back to her with a tilted head, "getting worse? You're saying it like it's a disease"

She shook her hands slightly, "I didn't sign up for talking to people in my head, now I gotta be cautious of what I think"

"And what do you think that need to be secret?"

(Y/n) opened her mouth but nothing came out, making Merlin nod his head as he licked his lips, "you're hiding something" he pointed out.

"No"

"You are! Since when did we hide things from each other? We've been friends since we were kids and all these years we never hid anything, so why start now-"

"I don't remembers anything Merlin!" (Y/n) cut him off as she had an outburst, making him go silent as he knew she had more to say.

She moved from him as she started to pace a bit as she didn't want to stay still, "I don't remember anything but the day we left the village for Camelot, so I'm sorry Merlin" she looked him in the eye, "I'm sorry that I don't remember the times we shared as kids or the secrets we've shared but those don't matter to me as I only know what's going on with us now and the future, so please, please understand what I'm going through"

A word wasn't spoken after she said that, only the pants coming from her as she didn't breath in between saying all of those. Instead, Merlin walked to the girl and moved his hand to to her cheek, wiping it as if she was crying.

"I'm crying aren't I?" (Y/n) asked as she was uncomfortable with the silence.

He didn't give her a response, Merlin moved his hand to behind her head and pulled her into a hug. (Y/n)'s arms were by her side, taken back by the hug. Feeling the comfort of his arms around her made her eyes swell up more, hesitating, she slowly moved her arms to wrap around his waist as she rested her head against his shoulder.

"I'm sorry" she managed to mutter as she held back the sob that was wanting to escape.

Merlin shook his head, "no, you don't have anything to apologize for, I'm sorry for not realizing what you've been going through"

"B-But-"

He tightened his hold a bit on her, "we can talk later" he said in a low voice. With a small nod, (Y/n) couldn't help but let the sob escape her as she started to cry on his shoulder. The two stayed like that for the night, ignoring the escape of the boy as they were having a moment of what they've been ignoring.