The Ball - Ch.34

Começar do início

"It's ironed and flat on my bed" He told, stepping to her side.

"And Ms.Granger?"

"She's at Eloir's. Pansy will bring her at 7:20"

"Eloir's is a dress shop"

"There aren't as much white dresses as we could've hoped for"

He didn't miss the way his mother furrowed her brows before speaking. "You're still announcing it tonight, then?"

"I thought you accepted us?"

"I have"She snapped. "I am just worried it'll ruin the night. Half these guests are purebloods and have assumed you're single"

"Assumed or misinformed?"

Narcissa let out an irritated sigh. "I have apologized-"

"But not to her" Draco turned his head to her before his eyes followed direction. "You embarrassed her, not me. I don't need the apology, Mother"

She pursed her lips, not looking over at him. "Tomorrow."

He nodded once and averted his attention to one of the workers walking towards them. "Mrs.Malfoy, there are three people at the door wanting to enter. They say they know you, their names were Zabini-"

"Let them in"Narcissa interrupted. The worker rushed off and she finally turned to Draco. "I have invited Blaise's mother, Theo's aunt and Pansy's parents to help me with preparation. You should get dressed before meeting them"

Her tone left no room for argument, forcing Draco to walk out just as he heard a "Oh, Narcissa, dear! It's been too long!"

He apparated to the apartment, landing in the bedroom. His suit was still as he had left it, laid out neatly on his bed. His white blazer was placed over the white dress pants. He would be a wearing a pale blue turtleneck under, a similar shade to Hermione's ring.

He pulled it out of his pocket, already having put it through the chain. He put it next to his suit before checking his watch, 6:30. He didn't have much time to think before he was alerted that someone had came through the floo.

He stepped out of the room, going down to the living room and finding Blaise, Theo, Ernie, Neville and, surprisingly, Harry Potter, all of them dressed in suits.

"Why're you here?" Draco questioned Harry rudely.

Harry raised an eyebrow and rolled his eyes, fixing the cuff of his suit. "Hermione threatened me two days ago to apologize for threatening you" He said, "Today is the deadline"

Blaise snorted as he walked past Draco, entering the kitchen. Draco leaned against the wall, "Well? I'm waiting"

Harry blinked. "Shouldn't that be enough?"

"Granger wouldn't be satisfied" Draco smirked.

Theo shook his head. "Why are you still calling her Granger? Is that what you say when you're shagging?"

Ernie, Neville and Harry scrunched their noses in disgust and Draco glared at Theo. "What I call her is none of your business, Nott. At least she hasn't been ignoring me for 3 days"