Chapter 5

Jimin
The bells rang loudly in the night, and Jimin rolled out of his bed and quickly dressed. When he entered the hall, there were shouts of the guards as they ran to the meeting room.

A war wasn't to be declared for another day at most, but perhaps they had been wrong as to how long it would take for her uncle to return home.

Yoongi joined his side, and he looked as if he never slept. Jimin could sense his desire to check if Eunjin had escaped, and when Jimin finally caught Yoongi's eye, he shook his head. They could not falter on their path to the meeting room.

Guards parted as they entered with shouts to make way for the prince. Seokjin was already standing to their father's right with a grave expression.

They hadn't had a chance to bow in greeting before the king spoke. "A plea has arrived for the search and safe return of Princess Eunjin."

"Search?" Jimin asked. "Search and safe return?"

His father laughed. "Yes," he said. "Her dear cousin has sent a letter by pigeon requesting aid in finding her."

The doors opened again, and everyone turned to find Jungkook dragging Eunjin by her arm. She was in her nightgown which was slightly too sheer for her own good, and a messy braid fell across her shoulders as she stumbled along. A handmaiden ran behind them begging Jungkook to slow down as she thrust Eunjin's robe towards her. Jungkook stopped next to Jimin and Yoongi and shoved Eunjin forward. She barely caught herself, and she wrapped her arms across her chest to try and hide.

The king saw everything, unfortunately, and Yoongi and Jimin watched his eyes rake hungrily up and down her body. The handmaiden managed to finally cover Eunjin up, and she whispered soft apologies for not being faster.

Namjoon and Hoseok pushed their way to the front from where they had already been standing in the back. Namjoon looked angry, and Hoseok looked annoyed.

"Jungkook, wonderful for you to finally join us," King Jeonghoon said, voice laced with annoyance at the man's tardiness.

"My apologies, your highness. I was on guard, and the princess is slow."

"Much to my delight," he said.

Yoongi stepped forward and gently guided Eunjin back to stand between himself and Jimin. Jimin only glanced at her briefly and noticed her lips were trembling.

He turned his attention back to his father. "How shall we respond to the call?" He asked.

"Before we answer any calls," Jeonghoon said as he leaned forward to rest his elbow on his knee, "why would Eunjin's cousin send a plea to locate her in the first place?" He glanced at Eunjin briefly then looked back at Jimin. "He worded this like our dear princess has run away from home."

Jimin heard Eunjin take a shuddered inhale of breath. He looked at her.

"Interesting," he said. "Why would he think this?"

Eunjin looked down at her feet, but Jimin wasn't having it. "You're still royalty, Princess Eunjin, and you are in front of the king of this land. You have also been directly asked something by the crowned prince. Have you forgotten what it means to be royalty so quickly?"

Yoongi gently tilted her chin up, and she followed along by straightening her shoulders. When she faced Jimin, all traces of trust in him was completely gone. Her eyes were cold, and he felt he finally saw her for what she truly was.