Chapter 5: Hospital Friends

Start from the beginning

"And on top of that, you're able to summon a giant key-looking weapon that kills those monsters. I mean, the Heartless. And when you kill the Heartless, small pink hearts appear and float away which didn't happen when I killed them" Yomikawa added.

"Plus, don't get me started on how you were able to throw a school bus at the Heartless tornado" Feeling a headache start to come, Yomikawa let out a long sigh before continuing to talk again. "But I guess if we need to start somewhere. My first question to you, Sora, is... are you ok?"

This threw Sora off completely as the entire time she was pouring her thoughts out; he did not expect her first real question to him to be about how he was.

"I-I'm all right. A bit tired though. Usually, I have no trouble dealing with the Heartless. But... it seems like I'm not as strong as I used to be" Sora replied, having an inkling of why he wasn't as strong as he used to be.

Chirithy's words seemed to resonate with him at that moment. "You'll lose your powers. You won't be able to use the power of waking"

At the time, he didn't really take heed of Chirithy's words. But now waking up in a whole new world with no way home. He would need to be extra careful. Moreover, while his magical powers seemed to be heavily weakened, his physical abilities were still with him. However, after his most recent battle with the Heartless, it appeared that his newly gained strength was also gone which left him working twice as hard in a fight. He'll have to adjust his fighting style at least until manages to reclaim his lost power for the fourth time now.

"Not as strong as you used to be. Are you telling me that you used to be a lot stronger?" Yomikawa asked, looking bewildered at the young man.

"Yeah. Before I would be able to kill Shadow Heartless with ease. Almost like swatting a fly off the wall" Sora responded.

This left Yomikawa to have a small smile on her face as she recalled a certain white-haired boy who was also dealing with the problem of once being super strong but now having to adjust himself and his Esper ability.

"Normally, if someone said they lost their power or they used to be super strong they would be really upset. But you clearly look fine"

"This isn't my first time losing my power" Sora stated.

"And you just continue to amaze me. Well then, seeing that things are going to be a bit hectic in the city for a bit, while you are getting checked up, I'll be calling headquarters to help me get you somewhat situated into the city's database" Yomikawa said.

"I thought we had to go and get the paperwork for me to stay in Academy City?"

"That was the original plan. However, seeing that monsters suddenly appeared out of nowhere and started attacking people. Things are going to be a mess around the city. Plus, there is another problem..."

"Huh? Another problem? What do you mean, Yomikawa?" Sora asked, not sure what the ponytailed woman was getting at.

"Well... you do know that drones were flying around the area and surveillance cameras on buildings that were broadcasting everything that was happening, right?"

Frowning at what she was saying, Sora still didn't get it.

"Sora. You were most likely caught on video fighting the Heartless"

"Ok? I'm betting that in a place like Academy City there are bound to be a lot of people using their Esper powers and being recorded" Sora explained which earned a shake of the head from Yomikawa.

"Yes. But not everyone is recorded fighting against dark monsters that have never been seen before and managing to save people left and right. Plus, you did just fight a large tornado that was made up of dark monsters and even threw a school bus at the twister" Yomikawa added.