Episode 3: Shadowy Siblings

Start from the beginning

Bai He clearly looked a bit hesitant...before nodding. "O-okay."

After that, the rest was history. Bai He (whom he nicknamed Lily) had become his student. It had been about two weeks so far and she was slowly progressing. Of course, Macaque was teaching her the basics first. Nothing combat wise just yet.

"The thing you gotta understand about our powers is that they're based on shadows." Macaque said. "Shadows? They can take shape of just about anything and can allow you to travel pretty much anywhere. Everything casts a shadow."

Lily hummed and then nodded, closing her eyes and trying to focus. Macaque just carefully watched her shadow, pacing around her silently. It took a few seconds before suddenly, her own shadow began to crawl out onto the floor.

Macaque's eyes widened before he grinned and crossed his arms as the shadow finally stood behind her, with a blank expression and glowing purple eyes.

Lily then opened one of her eyes. "D...did I do it right?"

"Look behind ya, Lily." Macaque grinned.

Lily tilted her head before turning around. She yelped and quickly got to her feet, grabbing one of the swords from Macaque's weapon rack. "WHAT THE?!?"

"Whoa, whoa! Relax!" Macaque laughed. "That's just your clone. Guess you were just thinking about yourself."

"I...I guess I was just trying to blank my own mind out." Lily said as she put away the sword. "So, what does it do?"

Macaque shrugged. "Whatever you think. Unlike Wukong and MK's clones, they aren't exactly living. They're just copies. Your own shadow casting blank canvases."

Lily walked closer and then touched the hand of her clone. She could actually feel it and it was fascinating. "H-heh. The stare is kinda creepy..."

"Eh, you get used to it." Macaque said with a shrug before suddenly, there was a loud boom outside. Macaque turned his head and narrowed his eyes. "Oh, great. I swear, if that's the kid again..."

Lily ran over to Macaque. "W-wait! What do I do?"

"Just stay here." Macaque said, patting her head before he teleported outside.

But when he arrived through his shadowy portal...what he saw wasn't MK or anyone he was familiar with. It was some kind of...horned creature with four arms and...wings?

Macaque formed his staff and spun it around. "Hey, buddy! No soliciting!"

The creature or rather, The Oni's eyes glowed as he faced Macaque. He growled as he stood up, cracking his neck.

Macaque knew a fight was about to happen and he got in a stance. "Oh, you wanna fight? THEN BRING IT-"

"Hello there, my hairy looking sir." The Oni suddenly said politely, or rather he sounded like he was trying to be polite. "I am Lord Garmadon and I appear to be lost."

Macaque's eyes narrowed. "Uhh...what?"

Garmadon sighed. "Of course being polite doesn't work with a monkey...curse and bless your lessons, Vinnie from NGTV News."

Macaque stood up and put away his staff. "Okay, uhhh, Garmadon. I may be a monkey, but I ain't stupid. You're not from around here, are you?"

Garmadon faced him before he suddenly transformed to a more humanoid looking form. His demonic face, horns, two extra arms, and wings all disappeared and now he looked like some kind of ancient warrior. With a helmet and black, silver, and purple robes and everything.

Macaque could sense some kind of energy inside him, but it was unfamiliar. That was for sure.

"No. I'm from a realm called Ninjago." Garmadon explained as he walked over. "My realm was being invaded by the very personification of evil until he opened a hole in space and time and sucked us all in. Next thing I know, I'm separated from my son and I'm talking to you."

Macaque blinked. "...okay, damn...that's a lot...wait, that personification of evil didn't follow you or anything, did he? Cause we just fought one of those a while ago and I don't wanna fight another one."

Garmadon laughed a bit. "Oh, don't be silly...he totally followed us and is likely going to try and kill all of you."

Macaque's eyes narrowed. "...terrific."

Then, Lily slowly peeked her head out of the door. "M-Macaque...? Is everything alright?"

Macaque turned his head. "Yup. Just another world conqueror coming."

"Ah! You have a child too!" Garmadon smiled. "I see I'm talking to a fellow parent!"

"SAY WHAT-"

(Lady Bone Demon's hostess doesn't have an official name sadly! But a popular one is indeed Bai He, so I'll be using that alongside her nickname until her real name is revealed!)