TWENTY-EIGHT

JENNIE
***

Clicking of the locks unhinging makes me sit up.

The closet is more like a room than a box, but it’s been terrifying being locked inside with no idea of what she’s doing on the opposite side of the door.

Fucking Somi ruined everything.

Light creeps through the gap as the door expands open and Lisa stands in the entryway looking dashing as all hell.

Why does she have to be so beautiful?

“Come,” She demands, and I get to my feet, hiking up the shorts I stole from her clothes in here, one of her tee-shirts.

Stepping into the bedroom, my mouth feels like death.

Lips dry and chapped and tongue desperate for water, but all of that is forgotten when I see the bag laid open on the mattress.

Stacks of money inside.

I can’t even guess how much is in there, I’ve never seen so much money in my life. My heart races inside my chest.

“What’s this?” I croak, trying not to run to the money and hug it.

“You say you love me,” she says, staring at me, dissecting my reaction.

“You can either stay with me, love me, earn your own way in life, or you can take this money and leave. But Jennie…” She says my name like a warning.

My eyes dart to her and a shiver snakes up my spine.

“If you take the money, you must run with it, because I will hunt you at some point and come for what’s mine.”

There’s a predatory gleam in her eye and I know she means what she says.

I must have played the loved up schoolgirl better than I thought, for her to actually give me the options. Grazing my eyes over Lisa’s stiff form, I sigh internally.

I’ll miss the sex. No one has fucked me like Lisa Manoban has. But she’s a fool to think I’m capable of love.

Going over the last thing she said in my mind I swallow the dry stone lodged in the back of my throat and ask, “What’s yours? You mean the money?”

Narrowing her eyes, the corner of her mouth lifts up. “No. You, little bird.”

Will she actually let me leave with this money?

As I take a step towards it, she closes her eyes and then opens them.

The pupils swallow the color, and she transform before me, a cold barrier shutting down over her features.

Her hand snaps out and grasps my throat, dragging my tired, worn-out body to her.

My hands come up to hold her wrist, yet there’s no point fighting her. She will win.

Catching me off guard, she crushes her lips to mine, devouring me.

Her other hand begins frantically tearing at the shirt I’m wearing until it’s hanging off me in shreds.

Lifting me off my feet by my neck and throwing me down on the bed, I choke and gasp for air, gaining only enough to keep me conscious.

She slides her hand from my neck up to cover my mouth.

The beautiful features of her face contort into an angry sneer.

I want to tear her hand away and laugh at how easy it was to play her.

Ripping down the shorts I’m wearing she nudges my thighs open with her knee, and I obey, spreading them for her.

Take your fill before I’m gone forever.

She pulls her cock from her slacks and rams into me without mercy.

It’s burns and hurts.

She offers me no pleasure, her hand smothering my cries of pain.

Asshole.

She takes my body like she owns it, lips exploring, teeth marking my flesh, drawing blood.

Rough hands grip my hip so tight I know her bruises will take weeks to heal.

She fucks me so hard we’ve moved across the bed and almost tumble off the other side.

Skin slapping skin and angry grunts echo through the house.

When she finally finds her release it’s intense and fast. Hot, warm come pumps into me, filling me up.

And then a cold whoosh of air replaces the heat of her body on mine as she abandons me.

My body trembles and my eyes burn with tears from the pain of her intrusion.

I look up at her, standing over the bed with her cock still dripping.

And I have to hold in the smug smile trying to push away my tears.

This was so easy.

“You’ve been an expensive whore, Jennie. Now get the fuck out,” she growls before leaving the room.

My lungs constrict and fire heats my cheeks.

Quickly getting to my feet, I grasp the scraps of clothes, grab the handles of the bag, rush from her house, and don’t stop until I get home.

***

Asher is fixing his bike up in the yard when I make it back home.

He drops his rag and tool to the floor when he takes in my appearance.

“Jennie, what the fuck happened to you?”

“Nothing,” I can’t help the pounding in my chest, like the chase has already begun.

Asher follows me inside and up the stairs.

“What’s in the bag?” he asks, his tone taking on a biting edge.

“My future. Now get out of my way, I need to pack and change,” I say as I absentmindedly discard Lisa’s clothes and pull on a pair of panties and bra, all the while feeling Asher’s burning gaze on me.

“You leaving?”

“Yes, Asher, and don’t act like you’ll miss me,” I scoff.

Grabbing my arm he forces me to turn to him.

“Where are you going?” he demands. “What the fuck are those bruises on your neck, Jennie? Did that bastard do that to you?”

“No! She gave me a life. One away from this place, from you, from that fucking bitch of a cousin… and I’m never coming back, Ash,” I state, tugging my arm free and throwing some sweats on.

“You can’t just leave, what about college?”

“Fuck college. Have you seen my passport?

“Passport?” he asks, repeating everything.

“Yes, passport, Ash. I’m leaving.”

“Yeah, well good fucking riddance then, Jennie. I hope you finally find what you’re looking for,” he says, leaving my room with a slam of the door.

Packing my shit up, I grab the Eiffel Tower statue and smile.

Paris, here I come.