Chapter 13

Something was wrong with the day.

No sight of Mina around.

It's pass eight am and her work time is seven am.

Where is she?

"Ma'am you have fifteen minutes before the meeting. The client is already here." Sunmi informs her.

Chaeyoung takes a glance at her before looking at her phone again. She can sense Sunmi walk out of the room after reminding her that.

"Hey lazy boss, you have a meeting so you better prepare your pathetic brain for fifteen minutes." That is what she would normally hear on this cases but the owner of that obnoxious mouth is just nowhere to be found. For the umpteenth time, she tries to dial Mina's phone again.

"Answer it please.. Hello? Where are you? Why are you not answering my calls? Why are you not here? Are you alright? Did something happen? Hello Mina?" The way Chaeyoung speaks was rush, leaving no room for Mina to cut in between her talk.

You can't blame Chaeyoung though for she is worried about her. It's not like Mina to be absent on work given her financial problems and the major problem is her apartment. Chaeyoung knows Mina is a best-selling book authors but due to some weird reasons, she does not use the money she gained in her books.

On the other side of the phone, someone is silently praying for forgiveness. It is not her to lie but that time, it was what she needs to do. Pinching her nose, she tried to sound like she got a severe cold.

"Ah*cough(2x) I'm sorry for my absence, boss. I can't make it to work. I'm terribly sick. I really  am sorry."

"You're sick? Can you handle yourself? I'll ask Aunt Jihyo for all kinds of medicines, be sure to take what medicine you need, okay?" Chaeyoung worriedly offers.

"I'll also ask for doctors to come to your apartment. What kind of illness do you have? Cancer? Leukemia? Tuberculosis? Tell me! why is your voice like that?"

Mina almost laughs at the other line. Burying herself to the bed, she looks on her closed window. It was raining hard, it is at times like this that she really feels safe for no particular reason.

"Can't you tell that I have a cold? And don't you dare trouble Miss Jihyo or you'll never see me again."

Still pinching her nose, Mina tries to sound menacing. She doesn't want to trouble Chaeyoung.

Ten minutes from now, she is sure that the Chaeyoung is going to meet her father, Akira Minamoto Myoui of the Minamoto Techs and Myōi fashion, a popular business conglomerate. (if ever i did mention another company regarding Akira's I'm sorry if it's not the same I have forgotten for I have not updated for too long and I'm too lazy to backread 😄😄😄)

She can hear Chaeyoung whimper sadly on the phone "Hey I'm more than alright it is just a simple cold, a rest will bring me back to health"

"You sure?" Worry is still on Chaeyoung's voice.

Good thing, Mina doesn't want Chaeyoung mind to be occupied on other things when she is already discussing things with Akira, her father.

Her father doesn't like it either when the person he is talking to doesn't pay too much attention to him or so she thinks. It has been three years and honestly, Mina doesn't know if he is still the same.

"Hey lazy boss, you have a meeting so you better prepare your pathetic brain for ten minutes." Mina hears Chaeyoung chuckles

"Okay after this our company and his company will sure hit the marks on business charts so you better look forward to that! Just make yourself fine there and leave everything to the boss!" Chaeyoung loudly and enthusiastically answers

"Great!" Mina replies in fake excitement.

"Got to go Minaring, Get well." Chaeyoung hangs up Mina she lets out a sigh.

Chaeyoung seems so excited about it. Myōi fashion is a big clothing company but not as bigs as the Son's Company.If those two companies agree to copartner, it will surely be a success to both sides since market is really fond of their products and designs. If ever that happens, it just means that the possibility of her father finding her is so big.

Small world, isn't it?

So the smartest thing Mina could do now is hide. How she wishes that it won't turn out good but it is opposite to what she really prays. She prays for the success.

Chaeyoung is really looking forward to collaborate with their business and Mina doesn't want to be selfish and also, being a Myoui by blood, she also wishes for whatever businesses they have to rise and be successful for the sake of her sister Mikoto's' future.

On this day onwards, Mikoto will be the sole successor of the two promising companies. Thinking about this, memories from their past started to fill her mind.

"Mina onee-chan! When I grow up, I will take over Minamoto Techs and you will have Myōi fashion! Great, isn't it?" She could still remember that proposal from her loving little sister.

"Of course but do you really like the Technology? I think it's all about machines and you know being a technical person Wouldn't fashion be better, I mean you like clothes and designing?"

"But onee-chan is better than me when it comes to designing and I like Technology because Papa told me that they connect our future and to our loves ones. If ever we got separated in the future, I will create a machine that will help me find you."

Mina smiles at her little sister's innocence and cute ignorance as maps, trackers and gps already existed.

By that time she finished her flower ring, she puts it on top of Mikoto's head.
"

Then onee-chan will make beautiful designs for you." she replies, patting her sister's head

End of flashback

Mina sigh in defeat. One day she is sure that  Akira will find her. If he finds her she wonders what he will do.

She ran away so it means breaking all the ties with them, right? Just thinking about it hurts her heart. She has never been close to her father but she loves Mikoto. She loves her old home but her new home has a lot of warmer and loving persons(Chaeyoung, Sir Dongwoon, Aunt Jihyo, Ryujin and etc.).

_______

Sorry for any errors

Been too long since I've updated so I don't remember the original plot