Chapter 7

Another pile of papers came into Chaeyoung's desk, a reason that made her look up to whoever lay those papers down. When she did, she was a bit surprise to see that her father did it.

She return her sight to the current work she is doing, obviously avoiding her father's meaningful gaze. Not so long after that she hears him clear his throat before speaking.

"If only she's here, have you by chance thought of that these past two days?" He ask and Chaeyoung squirm a little on her seat knowing that he is talking about Mina and what happened before that. As an answer she nods.

"Of course." She simply respond earning a hum of approval from Dong woon.

"Do you want her here because of work or do you want her here because of something else?" Now Chaeyoung look at Dong woon somewhat annoyed by the fact that her father sounds like a love doctor now.

"Can I choose both?" This answer made Dong woon sigh sullenly and Chaeyoung in thinking.

"Dad. . . Can I leave today? I.. I have to bring Mina .. back." Chaeyoung answers with a voice that gets softer and softer.

"Sure." The sad and worried expression of her father was replace with a happy one.

Chaeyoung stands up from her sit and receive a fatherly tap from him, then she grab her coat and start to run outside.

"Do not come back without Mina alright"  Was the last thing she heard

Dong woon doesn't really have to remind her because no matter what, she will have Mina back.

Chaeyoung's feet brings her to a place where a friend of hers works. The cherry blossom trees are still on the same spot only grown this time, the benches are newly painted, the fountain has light now.

There were some couples dating and others who are just hanging around but they are not what she is looking for.

What she is searching for is a woman with a brunette hair, a pair of chocolate orbs, creamy skin, beautiful, average height with long slender legs, has a tiny waist and a sprinkle of moles in her face who was now currently sitting on a stool in her friend's ice cream parlor.

Chaeyoung felt a sudden rush of blood due to excitement. It has been two long days and on those days that passed, there is nothing that she wants but to make up with her.

With the slight confidence that she muster, she walks fast to where the woman was. There was no mistaking who it is, her Mina.

When she comes nearer she feels like all the confidence was drained out of her body. Instead of hugging Mina from behind like what she thought of doing first, she chose to sit one sit far from her.

"One strawberry ice cream sprinkle with cookies on top."  She orders before stealing a glance at Mina.

"Chaeng-ah ! Long time no see brat! I'll go get your ice cream just a minute."

This is one of her friends, Hwang's ice cream is the best.

Ever since Chaeyoung started going to school, she would always ask Dong woon to buy her some after coming back from studying. It might be the reason why Mina knows the place given that the lady is an ice-cream lover.