This is where it started

Your dad's promotion has been the greatest thing that ever happened in your family financially. He is now involved with the rich people in the city. For then, he has to showcase his perfect family to keep up with the status.

"I just don't know why I have to go."

"Darling, it's for your dad's job. Besides kids your age would be there too." Your mother tried to persuade you, she is flicking through the pages of the new women's magazine.

"Mom, last time you brought me somewhere that kids my "age" were, they were a bunch of 6 years olds." You reminded her, air quoting the word age to emphasize, she didn't even need to look at you to know wha face you're making.

"Stop pouting young lady, you're going."

"I don't want to."

Your mother sigh out, tired of your bickering, "Just this once, please?" She abandon the magazine to look at you sternly, you know there's isn't convincing her otherwise.

"Fine." You let out in defeat before rolling your eyes and marching back to your room.

You don't have any plans for your Saturday evening but you much rather have it done your way that go to a fancy dinner with fancy people your dad is trying to impress.

If only you have the guts to make plans with Wanda you would have but you don't so you have to go to a lame fancy dinner. In the back of your mind, even as a far fetch, you hope Wanda is there tonight.

To no luck, the evening soon comes and you're standing beside your parents as they chitchat with people you've never met in your entire life.

Just like you thought, there isn't a single person your age on the place. There are kids way younger than you are and you're not about to hang out with them.

"Come on color with me." The little girl tantrum on your side. She is quickly taken away by the lovely lady who you assumes is her guardian for tonight.

"Go ahead and socialize Y/N." You mother encourages.

Your eyes scans the spacious room, a bunch of kids and old people with nothing in between captures your eyes "To who exactly?" You asked her sarcastically.

Your mother shook her head before she whisper something to your Father's ears. "How's your daughter by the way? I feel like she would get along with my daughter here." You heard your father chime in to the man he was talking to.

Oh god, this just got worse. You hate when your parents would throw you in with someone and expects you to be instantly friends.

"Oh yeah, she'll be here in a minute." He answers, smiling at you. "You're gonna like her." He said to you, you had to force a smile.

Sure you would, you wanted to reply sarcastically but you behaved yourself.

A text came in from Carol: Hope you're having an awesome night! Received 8:34pm

You read but decided not to reply. You aren't the best person to talk to right now anyway. However, your fingertips ghosted over the keyboard on Wanda's number.

If only you have the confidence to text her you would. It's funny because she's been so clingy to you whenever the both of you are together but couldn't bother to text you at all. But then again, you haven't done it either so who are you to judge.

The lovely dinner had passed and you're still a lone wolf. Your best guess is your father's friend's daughter wouldn't come. And to be honest, you can't really blame her. Who would willingly go to events like this? People your ages are out there partying.