19

"I was wondering if I could take your number?" he smiled huskily.

"I don't really give my number out to strangers," I said quickly, convinced that I was embarrassing myself and making myself look like a fool.

"If we get to know each other, we won't be strangers," he grinned flirtatiously. "You think I'm gonna let a pretty girl like you just walk away?"

I was taken aback.

I wasn't really used to attention like this...

Probably because I hardly left my own damn house.

I remembered the way that guys would approach me like this when I was in university, but that was so many years ago.

I didn't even know how to talk to people without making a fool of myself anymore.

He was handsome, I'd give him that...

"Well?" he smiled. "What d'you say then?"

"You seem nice and all, but I have a husband," I mumbled awkwardly.

"No way!" he said in disbelief. "You look far too young to be married."

"I'm twenty-eight," I admitted.

"I'm thirty," he grinned. "I guess I should've noticed the wedding ring on your finger."

"I guess you should have," I mumbled.

He let out a cough, looking embarrassed because he'd just been rejected. I couldn't help but to let out a giggle. It had been so long since I'd been hit on, and this was amusing me. If I was so fat and ugly according to Bruce, then why was I getting hit on?

"Come off it, Riccardo," came a deep voice from behind me, causing me to jolt upwards. "Leave the poor girl alone."

"I was just having a bit of fun, man," 'Riccardo' grinned. "I lost you in Primark. Ended up wandering off."