9

A few hours later.

"He isn't even at fucking home yet!" I seethed angrily, growing snappy and agitated. I was tired of waiting. "I've been lying down here for hours, only to make a fucking fool of myself."

I balled my hands into fists, rattling them angrily as I felt my blood boil to the surface.

"I don't even know why I fucking bother with him anymore," I snarled. "He makes no effort with me, and shows no interest. He's never even at home."

I could feel my chest constrict as tears began welling in my eyes. My heart was hurting so much that it physically felt like it was about to explode. Me and Bruce didn't have a conventional relationship. Communication and effort was what made a marriage strong, yet Bruce lacked in both departments, and always left me to feel like shit on my own. I felt so empty and hollow, that it felt like I was struggling for air.

"Guess I'm eating for one tonight," I mumbled, and made my way to the kitchen, taking out some cheesecake from the fridge.

I cut it into slices, and scoffed them down, not bothering to stop for a breath. Feeling like complete and utter shit about myself, and needing something to distract me.

"That's right, Sofia," I muttered. "Drown your sorrows in food like you always fucking do."

I rolled my eyes angrily, tears spilling down my cheeks as I continued to shove the slices down my throat. I wasn't even hungry, but I was just forcing myself to eat, wishing that I could find comfort in something since my husband couldn't fucking provide that for me.

"Sofia, have you left my food out?" came a voice. "Bitch better not be asleep."