20.

Finn

"Finney? Whats all this noise in here— oh no. Are you okay?"

"Robin.. he.. he blocked me on everything." I said in between words, finding it hard to breathe. She knelt down and brought me into her chest.

"Oh god, I am so sorry love. I thought you guys were best friends!"

"Yeah.. I thought so too.."

Robin

"You did WHAT? ROBINHOWFUCKINGSTUPIDAREYOU?" Vance screamed at me.

"I'm sorry! It's the only way I can actually forget about him, it's not like he's gonna come back any time soon!" I snapped back.

"Robin, of course he's going to come back! You're literally his favourite person, he isn't going to leave you!"

"Well he did!"

"That's not his fault! He didn't have a choice, how blind are you?!"

I could feel myself on the verge of tears again, but I couldn't cry anymore. Not if I wanted to forget about my feelings for Finney.

But I couldn't help it, I had to let the tears fall. I couldn't bottle up my emotions. I fell onto Vance and sobbed into his shoulder.

"I understand what you were trying to do, but you do realise that now he's gone. Like not just in a different country, he's gone."

"I know."

Finney is gone. Now there's no way to talk to him at all. That means I'll forget about him, right?

Wrong.

Months passed, and I never forgot about Finney. I never stopped loving him. Every conversation led to him. Everywhere I went reminded me of him. Everything is just a trace of him. Its all just about him. I regret trying to ever even forget about him in the first place, I can't.

Even school was horrible without him, everywhere I went someone would ask me: "hey, where's that Finney dude you're always with?"

Its hard to even hang out with Vance. Whenever I meet up with him we always hang out in our original spot, under the bleachers. The place where I first hung out with Finn.

I finally came to the conclusion: I can't forget about him. I'll never stop loving him. Even if he's still gone in 30 years I won't forget. I'll never forget the day he left, I'll never forget about the way I once felt about him. The way I will always feel about him.

-

Finn

It's been a whole year now. I still haven't gotten over the fact Robin just ghosted me 9 months ago. I had only been gone for 2 months and he just hated me instantly?

"Finney, come on, you can't have another one of these days. You've got to be happy soon!"

"I miss Gwen.. and..

I cant forget about Robin, tía." She let me call her that eventually, after seeing how much Robin actually meant to me, she understood why.

"I know you loved him, I know you still do but.."

She paused for a moment, it felt like she was quiet forever. I waited patiently for her to say whatever she was just going to say but she kept quiet.

After a whole like 7 minutes of her just staring at the floor, she left my room. I looked back out my window, continuing thinking about what I was previously pondering on.

Messaging Robin on my new number.

I had gotten a new phone a couple months ago, but I could never bring myself to message him on it. I was pretty sure he hated me now.