14.

Finney

I was getting ready to go to Robins house, school had ended a couple hours ago and it was now 4:38. I planned to get there at 5.

When my clock reached 4:50 I put on my shoes and went to walk out the door. "Going to see Robin?" Gwen appeared from behind me.

"Jesus, Gwen. And yeah, why?"

"Aren't you guys dating?" My face flushed all shades of pink and red, I prayed she didn't see and just shook my head.

"Ughh." She groaned, then turned around and stormed back off to her room.

I left and started walking to his house.

-

I knocked on his door when I arrived, patiently waiting for someone to answer. Then an elder man, who I had assumed to be his uncle answered the door. "Hola! Tu eres Finney?"

(Hello! You are Finney?) I think💀

"Uhh.. buenas noches?"
(Good night)

"I'm kidding kid, I understand English. Come inside! Robin is up in his room." He stood out of the door frame and held the door open for me.

Do I go upstairs or is that rude? Should I just wait for Robin to come get me? Is that more polite?

I stood staring at the wall for a minute, "would you like to go to his room? You don't have to sit here forever." I gave him a slight nod before running over to his room, I saw a door with the sign "get lost" on it.

That's definitely his room. I smiled to myself.

I knocked before entering to make sure he wasn't naked or anything, a few moments later he opened the door and his face lit up. "Finn!" He swept me into his arms, almost knocking me over. While holding him I got to admire his room a bit, he had Enter The Dragon posters and Texas Chainsaw Massacre ones too. He had a double bed and a desk, then apart from that his room was almost empty. Not including the junk everywhere, but I didn't mind.

For the next hour or so we just sat on his bed talking, scrolling on our phones, laughing at nothing. He put music on a speaker he had in his room, but he kept it quiet so that it was only faintly playing in the background.

(Keep in mind it's gen z in this story so-)

'Apocalypse' by cigarettes after sex started playing, I quickly rushed over to the speaker and turned it up a little. "You like Cigarettes After Sex?" Robin laughed a bit. "I love them, they're just awesome."

"Yeah, can't disagree with you there." I went and sat back down next to him, pretending like I didn't see him move a little closer to me.

We were silent for a bit of the song, until a certain lyric played.

I looked up from my phone to stare at Robin, with the music quietly playing in the back.

'Your lips, my lips. Apocalypse.'

I then had a sudden random urge to do something crazy, I contemplated for a minute. I really wanted to— but I wasn't even sure if Robin liked me, or was comfortable, or—

"You okay? You're staring."

I put my hand on Robins cheek, and found myself really slowly leaning in.

Fuck. What the hell am I doing.

I pretended to wipe something off his cheek, "you had something there."

"Oh, thank you Finn!"

He gave that smile. Then he looked back at his phone. I loved that smile, the one he only gave to me, I adored it.

Robin

I could feel myself about to turn as red as a tomato, thinking Finn was about to kiss me. Then he 'wiped something off my face'. Normally I would have blushed anyway, but I felt let down?.. disappointed even?

I could barely even bring myself to smile at him, not when I felt like screaming. No way I thought he was gonna kiss me.

I hid my face in my phone, hoping to hide the sad expression I couldn't wipe off my face.

"Finn. I love you." I said.

In my head, atleast.

I wanted to say it to him so badly, but I just couldn't.

"Are you okay Robin? You look stressed."

I quickly zoned back in, looking over at Finn. I love how he worries about me, he actually cares.

"Not stressed Finn.. just.. I don't know, thinking."

Maybe I need to hang out with him more before making any moves on him, maybe I need to be closer to him, maybe I need to get advice, maybe I should just never talk to Finney again and my feelings will disappear.

"Do you wanna ask if the boys wanna go to the beach?"

"You hate sand." He looked up at me.

"Yes. But I'm bored and free all week, please?"

"Sure, I didn't bring any spare clothes or anything tho."

"What? I don't mean right now. But if you want to—"

Both our phones lit up.

"They'll be here in 20"
"They'll be here in 20" we said in sync.

Finney started giggling and I just admired all his beautiful features, his curly hair was so pretty. I really was falling hard for him.

3rd person pov

Everyone had arrived and Robin was letting Finn borrow some clothes, once they arrived at the beach it was 6:58. Bruce and Vance went to go get some snacks while Billy and Griffin were already in the water, Robin grabbed Finney's arm. Dragging him over to the water and then pushing him in.

"Robin! I'm gonna get you back for that oh my—"

He jumped out of the water and chased Robin around, finally he caught up to him and pushed him head first into the water.

They were mucking around in the water while Bruce and Vance were still in line.

"Can they hurry up?" Vance said, getting impatient.

"There's not much we can do, they're going pretty quick. There's just a lot of people." Bruce put his hand onto Vance's arm.

"There is one thing you can do.." he pointed to his lips and make a kissy noise, "Vance no!"

Vance, completely ignoring Bruce, grabbed his chin and kissed him. Bruce laughed into the kiss, "I said no Vance." He gave him a gentle playful slap on the top of his head.

"Vance.."
"Mhm?"
"What.. what are we?"
"Whatever you want us to be." He gave Bruce a warm smile, holding his hand gently.

"I want us to hurry up and be served, so what does that make us?"

"Oh my god, you idiot." Vance slapped his forehead before pulling Bruce into a kiss again.

-

Finney was just standing in the shallow end of the water, but deep enough to go up to his stomach. Suddenly Robin appeared from under him and pulled him onto his shoulders, running around with Finney attatched to him. He refused to let Finn go for about 10 minutes, then getting tired and eventually putting him down on a bench next to a broken down ice cream truck.

Robin plopped himself next to Finn, grabbing his bag and wrapping a blanket around the both of them. "Want one?" Robin asked, pulling wired earphones out of his bag.

"Sure."

Then they listened to the playlist they had for eachother, which they made together and frequently added to it. They sat on the bench with all their favourite songs blasting in their ears, watching the sunset with everyone in the water. All spraying eachother and having fun.

Finn fell asleep on Robin's shoulder after a while, "I love you, Finney Blake."

They fell asleep together.