The Baudelaire Sisters

EstelleDecember 16th, 1900 - September 11th, 1917

Estelle
December 16th, 1900 - September 11th, 1917

GiselleFebruary 19th, 1904 - May 22nd, 1930

Giselle
February 19th, 1904 - May 22nd, 1930

Estelle and Giselle Baudelaire are the girls responsible for the murders of the DeRose family and also the younger sisters of Anastasia Baudelaire, who is believed to be the lover of beauty queen, Jez Carson.

Estelle and Giselle were born in France in 1900 and 1904 to Joseph and Mary Baudelaire, the girls father dying when they were both very young. So to save money, Mary , who is noted to have had a drinking problem , sent Anastasia away to a nunnery and not too long after, Estelle and Giselle were sent to work for Anna and Charles DeRose. The couple cared for the girls like their own children, though they never legally adopted them.

When Estelle was sixteen and Giselle, thirteen, the girls just snapped. One night , September 4th, 1917 , when Anna and her oldest daughter , Arielle , were out, they made a plan to kill the family, starting with the women.

Once they walked through the door, Estelle hit both of them in the head with a candlestick, knocking them unconscious. Then Giselle stabbed them with a knife, Anna twenty-eight times and Arielle, twenty-two. They both then dismembered and cooked the bodies, marinating them in the menstrual blood on Anna and Arielle. When Charles returned home to see the mess, he tried to run but Estelle hit him in the head with an urn, leaving him to bleed out and die. The only one who survived the massacre was Alexander DeRose , the couple's son , who had been out of town at the time.

The girls were arrested and thrown into an asylum. Estelle died just a few days after arriving. Her exact cause of death is unknown but is believed to have been influenza. When Giselle received news of her sister's death, she refused to believe it, insisting that her sister was in her room. Giselle would die on May 22nd, 1930. Though her exact cause of death is also unknown, it's believed to have been a brain tumor.