The Murder of Angelica Rosewood

t/w blood, death, murder, homophobic slurs

June 1st, 1930 - July 15th, 1969

UNSOLVED

Angelica Fiona Rosewood was one of the most influential people during the fifties and sixties, being a popular silver screen actress appearing in films with fellow actors such as Marilyn Monroe, Robbie Baker, Ingrid Bergman, Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn and her girlfriend, Betsy Georges.

Angelica was raised in a poor family in New York City and got lucky as her mother had a friend who gave her acting lessons. At thirteen, she would begin her acting career, starring in the movie 'Ms.Spotlight' as Mary Peterson, the daughter of the main character, Danielle Peterson portrayed by Winifred Walker. It was on that set that she met her lifelong best friend, Robert "Robbie" Baker. Robbie was just a year younger than Angelica.

Seven years later , whilst on the set of a western movie , she met Elizabeth "Betsy" Georges and the two hit it off immediately. Both being lesbians, they found a love for one another in a short time and decided to live together. 

Today Angelica is best known for roles as;

Darla James in Sunset Gunshot (circa 1950)
Sarah Davis in Bloody Love (circa 1957)
Betty Greene in The Darling Acrobat (circa 1961)
Jamie Jones in Women Of My Dreams (circa 1965)

On June 28th, 1969 the Stonewall riots began and Angelica and Betsy decided that they would participate in them.

"This means things will change." Betsy says Angelica told her. "This means we'll be able to be our true, authentic selves." 

So the two went down to Stonewall and were open about their lesbianism and somehow, someway, some historians are genuinely out here saying that they were just best friends. Steven, there is a video of them confessing their gayness in public. They were not best friends.

Shortly after the riots finished up, the two women flew to Los Angeles, California to stay at the Hollywood Roosevelt, the couple's favorite hotel. On the night of July 15th, 1969 Betsy went down to the nearest store for some food. They had planned to leave on the twentieth. When Betsy returned to the couple's hotel room that night, she found Angelica dead with the word 'dyke' written on the wall with Angelica's blood.

The autopsy revealed she had head trauma but her cause of death was stabbing. Patrons in nearby hotel rooms claim to have heard Angelica repeatedly yelling "Stop".

There were no leads and as of today, nobody has come forward claiming that they did it so to this day this case remains unsolved.

May Angelica Rosewood rest in peace.