"I'm not half Michigander," I responded as I looked out the window.

"You were made in Michigan. So yes, you are." Dad argued back.

"Does that make Stella half locker room then? I mean since we are describing ourselves by where we are from." Mom's mouth dropped open in horror and her face flushed white as she turned to face me from the front seat.

Instead of confronting me first, she spoke to my new best friend. "She has no clue what she is talking about Rory. I think she's crazy. Neverdid I ever. Never would I ever. God, I am so sorry. Please do not repeat this stuff to your parents or they'll freak out and I don't want that to happen."

Mom looked at me before swatting my knee. "What the hell is wrong with you Veda?" I burst into laughter as the airport finally came into view. I muttered the word 'hallelujah' as we drove closer and closer to the private plane that Penn State had acquired just for the athletes.

Or by athletes, I mean the football team since the football team brought in more revenue than basketball and baseball combined.

"Rory, have you ever rode on an airplane?" I asked, as Dad waved at the staff. Rory sucked in a deep breath, handing me back my goldfish. She nodded, "Yep. And I hate it every single time."

I frowned at her as the car came to a dead stop.

Dad climbed out heading to the trunk. I climbed out of the backseat, flannel pajama bottoms and a hoodie on, I grabbed my blanket and pillow. "Slater!" Dad's voice yelled. I winced covering my ears.

I heard footsteps jogging up behind me. "Sage I swear to god, if you packed five suitcases I'll kill you," Slater said as he walked past me.

I rolled my eyes, shutting my door. Mom left her side of the vehicle, wrapping me in a hug. "I love you. No problems for Uncle Reese." I nodded as I pulled away from her. She brushed my hair behind my ears and kissed my cheek.

I groaned as I heard my suitcase hit the ground behind me. "Fuck, Sage. Are you hiding a less bitchier version of you in here?" Slater bitched.

I smiled, turning to face him. "Nope—but hopefully I'm hiding someone who can actually stand to be around you."

"Enough you too!" Dad said as he pulled out the baby pink suitcase next to mine. Speaking of baby pink, my plus one walked up right next to me. The pink neck pillow was still attached, and her pink sleeping mask was halfway pulled down.

"Ready?" I asked Rory.

But when she answered with a nod, she wasn't looking at me.

Hell, she wasn't looking at anyone at all.

She was just staring at the ground, dipping her pink UGG slipper into the small puddle of water in front of us. I frowned, "Hello, earth to my bestie."

I flicked my fingers against her pink tote bag, my fingers emitting a stabbing pain when it connected with a hard-covered book. "Did you bring homework?" I whined as she finally made eye contact with me.

I brought it too. But I knew that I actually wouldn't do it. She would.

Her eyes refused to leave mine. She barely even blinked as if she was waiting for an attack. I raised an eyebrow. "Yep. Don't forget that I have to sit by Leighton. I have to get this homework done. He's the only one who knows how to do this stupid shit."

I snorted.

As our bags rolled away, Slater with them. Rory's eyes snapped to my mom's, a smile growing. "Thank you guys for allowing me to ride with you here."