There we were again, back in our hometown. Back to the same restaurant we had our first date that she probably didn't remember cause she never knew it was a date. She never knew how much I had liked her since the day I saw her sleeping in my room five years ago. She had no Idea. I never got to tell her all that. My eyes were glistening with tears and I didn't notice until Ashley was right next to me cupping my face. "Hey, is everything alright?" She asked with her voice full of concern. It was then that I stepped out of my trance.

"Um, yea. I am sorry I can't stop thinking about something." I said as I passed her an easy smile. She very unmannerly dragged her chair next to me as everyone turned to look at us. I smiled. She was effortlessly annoying to everyone.

"What something?" She asked. My eyes dimmed and so did my mood, but I tried to smile through it. "Something grandpa used to say to me. I don't know why I am thinking of it now." I said and she nodded.

"Alex." She said clasping her hands together in her lap. I raised a brow still staring at her.
"I am sorry." She said and I frowned. For what? Shouldn't I be the one apologising? Yes it was me who needed to.

"Don't do it Ashley. Please, not now. Let's not ruin it." I said and she sighed. A smirk it's way on her lips. "You didn't ask me what I was sorry for?" I frowned deeper. Wait. What?

"What for?" I asked squinting my eyes giving her a side glance.

"For the trouble I'd cause." She chugged down another glass of wine. And before she got another refill I warned the waiter. I looked at him dead in the eyes and she just giggled.

The food was served later, me and Ashley were just casually engaged in a conversation. More like she was the one talking and I was the listener. She kept telling me about her new story inspiration and how she was excited about her teaching younger students. I loved the feeling of listening to her. She was cute whenever she made hundreds of gestures and expressions explaining everything in her own exaggerated way.

She would ask me questions and I would cut them short because I wanted to listen to her so bad; I didn't remember the last time she had been so talkative. Before I knew she'd downed her third fill of wine and that was it. She sexily wrapped her hair up but they fell down each time. She did it a couple more times before she sighed and slumped her shoulders. No! No! No! Not her being a kid.

I didn't wait for the desert and I couldn't wait for it. "Let's go Ashley, it's time." I said as I stared down at her. Almost everyone had left except a few couples just like us. She sulked. "No! I don't want to feel sad again." Before she could mutter one more word I warned her again. "Ashley, I won't repeat what I said."

She was stubborn as she crossed her arms over her chest. Her sulking dissolved into stillness but she was still holding her ground. I sighed as I looked around before I pulled her up and then threw her over my shoulder. She gasped and punched my back but I cared less.

As soon as we were outside I placed her down, pinning her against the car. She stared at me with a gentle frown. Her eyes screamed she was drunk. She sucked her lower lip gently as she stared at me. Something, just something was running through her head. She wrapped her arms around my neck. I gulped as her chest pressed against mine. Her face a few inches away from mine. The parking lot was empty. At least for that moment.

"Alex why do you torture me huh?" She whispered as if talking to herself. She stared at my lips. "Why do you have to make me dream of you?" She continued as she pushed me with her weight. My insides tightened. My heart almost skipped a beat. I knew the touch of her lips. I missed the touch of her lips. I knew how turned on I got when I thought of her doing things she'd only written about in her books.

Just as I was about to lean in to kiss her she pressed a finger against my lips pushing me back gently. "Not yet." She whispered. She kissed me right beside my lips and then my nose. "I..." she stopped.

"You what?" I asked her and she went silent. "Nothing." She pulled me down by my neck and pressed a kiss against my forehead. My heart as if exploded with warmth. There was this knot that undid itself in my chest. I breathed like never before. I felt something in that moment I had never felt before. Her soft lips on my forehead. I sighed as tears filled my eyes for the second time this evening. But unlike last time, I didn't hold back.

"I have been wanting to do this forever." She said and that was all it took for me to hug her and pull her in completely. I didn't need a kiss, I could just hug her forever and ever like that. She sighed as brushed my hair with her hands gently. When I decided to pull away after waiting a good two minutes. She had her eyes closed not moving an inch. I scoffed internally. She couldn't be asleep, not then. I groaned lightly. She was troublesome in her own way.

I sighed as I lifted her off the ground. "I knew why you drank too much tonight you prick." I muttered under my breath.