~Chapter 11~

Disclaimer: All the characters written below are imaginary. This is a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incidents or situations. A few instances have been taken up from their real lives, as and how they have happened (for which we do have documented proof). Happy Reading!

A/N - Not proof-read, please ignore errors. Looking forward to your feedback guys. Thank you for being here.

—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16th June 2022

Last two days went by in a blur. They were filled with fun, laughter, and love, for Karan and Tejasswi. Both his parents were back in town, so they ended up spending one day with Wayangankars and one day with Kundrras.

And today was D-Day, the last day of them being together. They had to attend the Pinkvilla Awards tonight and Tejasswi couldn't leave Karan until tonight only because of the person hosting the award. Yes, it was his ex-girlfriend. Tejasswi wanted to be there for Karan today, in every way possible.

Leaving the love of your life, leaving the only person who completes you and makes you the happiest, is the hardest thing to do. But she had to do it because she loved him, a lot, and his life mattered the most to her.

"Hi Hottie", said Karan as soon as he entered the room she was getting ready in.

"Hi Sunnyyyyyyy", replied Tejasswi.

"Lae, phir mujhe hot se cute bana dia iss ladki ne", complained Karan and her team laughed at his joke.

"Duniya ke liye hoga tu Mr. Karan Hot Kundrra, mere liye toh cute Sunny hi rahega."

"Chalega mujhe Cutie. Yahi chahiye bas.", said Karan as he went close to her and gave her a soft kiss on the forehead. Tejasswi gave him a small hug and gave a signal to her team to leave the room for a bit so that they can talk.

"Sunny, tu theek hai na?"

"Haan Laddoo. Kyun pooch rahi hai tu?"

"Tu bhool gaya? Aaj awards ki host..."

"Acha voh? Nahi, main nahi bhoola. Par move on toh kar chuka."

"I know babe, par aaj itne saalon baad face to face ho sakta hai na..."

"Haan ho sakta hai, par main akela thodi hoon. Tu toh hai na mere saath. Aur kuch chahiye hi nahi mujhe."

"Agar tujhe nahi jaana toh hum cancel kar sakte hai Sunny. Noodles aur manchurian order kar lenge. Tu bas bol de."

"Arre par kyun? Hum aise hot bane hai, dono, toh ab jaye bhi na? Sach bata, tujhe bhookh lag rahi hai, ya tu thoda nervous hai?"

"Aur award mil gaya humein toh?"

"Pehle mere question ka answer de Teju."

"Haan main thoda nervous hoon, Karan. I am anticipating comparison posts and tweets from your fans, from my fans and from our fans."

"Ae lae, tu kabse chinta karne lag gayi ki kaun kya sochta aur bolta hai?"

"Jab teri baat aati hai toh kaise chinta na karu main?"

"Oye cutie, chal mood theek kar. Zyada der nahi rukenge hum waha. Humari category ka winner announce hoga, uske baad nikal lenge waha se. Fir ghar aake aur bhi toh bahot kuch karna hai humein :P"

"Tu na Sunny, kaha kaha dimaag le jaata hai. Poori team bahar wait kar rahi hai, aur tujhe yeh sab soojh raha hai?"

"Main toh movie aur dinner ki baat kar raha tha, tujhe kya laga Laddooooo?"

"Kuch nahi, chalein ab?"

"Yes, my love."

And they walked out of the room together, hand-in-hand. Luckily Nikhil caught this on camera and Tejasswi made a mental note to ask him for the same later on.

Their entry, the red carpet, the photo session, everything went fine and now it was time for announcement of the winner from the category they were nominated in.

"And the winner of Pinkvilla Style Icons Super Stylish TV Couple is, none other than, aa jao bhai, Karan Kundrra and Tejasswi Prakash", announced Urvashi Dholakia as she was here to present this award.

Karan and Tejasswi looked at each other, gave a reassuring smile and stood up to go on the stage. Karan took her hand in his and was guiding her to the stairs but she stepped on the ramp instead.

"Haan yeh bahot sahi hai. Swag mein wahi se aa jao Stylish Couple.", teased Maniesh Paul. He was the co-host and that actually made Karan feel better. Although he was not on stage the whole time, Karan was grateful to Pinkvilla for asking him to be there during this segment.

After his fun banter with Maniesh, Karan gave the mic to Tejasswi to give the acceptance speech. She hesitated for a microsecond and then took the mic from his hand to say, "Style for me is more about comfort. Whatever little I know about Fashion is because of Karan. He helps me with everything, so this award completely goes to him.". She looked at him and his eyes were welling up. She knew this moment was tough for him, sharing the stage with his ex and also getting a couple's award in front of her, was a feeling which cannot be described.

They stayed for another half hour after receiving the award and then left for his home. They were near his place when Karan asked Parvez to take them to their favorite Chinese restaurant so that they could get something to eat for dinner.

Once Parvez was inside the restaurant to get their order, Tejasswi informed Karan about her upcoming hectic schedule for the Naagin shoot and how she would be staying with her parents till the time it gets over. Karan was a little upset but also understood that she would be saving a lot of commuting time and will be able to get proper sleep.

"Toh kabse hai fir yeh schedule Laddoo?", asked Karan.

"Kal se hai Sunny!", replied Tejasswi and Karan frowned a bit. This is not what he was told on his visit to the Balaji office.

Things were not adding up. He was getting confused with this new information and the things he got to know when he went there two days back. "I'll have to talk to Ranjan sir personally to know what the actual issue is. Who is lying? Teju, I don't think so, but why would Ekta ma'am lie to me? Oh god! Yeh Tejasswi kya kar rahi hai yaar! Kal hi jaake sort karta hoon iss matter ko!", Karan was lost in his thoughts when Tejasswi tapped on his shoulder to bring him to his senses, as Parvez was back with their food and was asking if they wanted anything else.

"Nahi Parvez. Kaafi hai itna, haina Laddoo?. Ice-cream toh padi hi hai ghar pe. Teju aur main wahi kha lenge dessert mein. Tu ab ghar ko le le gaadi", was Karan's reply to Parvez. He smiled and started the car.

"Tomorrow is going to be an interesting day. I hope I am able to solve this mystery and get some answers for Teju's weird behavior from the last week!", thought Karan as they entered the gates of the building where he lived.