Chapter five

Depuis le début

After the dog had finished eating, we turned back around and headed away from the pink crystals and the only exit I had been able to find.

"What's so dangerous about the pink crystals anyway?" I asked looking back at them with their beautiful rose-pink glow, If Brandy knew they existed she would want to decorate our entire room with them.

"You know how an oven works don't you, how the walls get really hot and that cooks the food in the middle?" 

"Yes."

 "That's basically how the pink crystals work they just get hotter and hotter as you go further down the tunnel and before you know it, you're fried." 

I flinched a little as the gruesome image flashed through my mind, "what if you ran down the tunnel really fast and didn't give them enough time to cook you?" 

"That might work if you didn't catch on fire first!" I had always wondered what it was like to be on fire, but I never actually wanted to find out. 

"So kid, you got a name?" the dog asked it was a little weird walking next to him his tail wagging back and forth along with his stride.

" Bailey," I muttered my parents always told me not to talk to strangers and to never ever give them my name, but this was a dog, so did it count?

 I couldn't help but notice the dog wasn't wearing any clothes, I know he's a dog and all but since he could talk like a person, I thought he would want to dress like one. 

"You can call me Seth." 

"Seth?" I asked starting to giggle.

 "What's wrong with Seth?" the dog asked obviously offended. 

"Sorry it's just a funny name for a dog." 

"I wasn't always a dog, ya know. I was a person until I got cursed by a witch. Word to the wise boy don't ever break a witch's heart because they have some twisted ways to get back at you. Real sick creatures all of them," He shook his head in disgust, I watched his tongue as he talked, and it seemed to move like a person's.

"What did you do to break her heart?" 

"I did some stuff I wasn't supposed to, and she got upset and cursed me for it," he said with an angry sigh "So what are you doing down here anyway, fall down by accident?" 

"No, I came to rescue my sister she was kidnapped by the ghost queen."

 "I'm so sorry," Seth said sadly, this was the first time I heard him sound concerned and it only deepened my worry.

.  .  .

We continued walking through the green tunnels for what felt like hours but there didn't seem to be a way out. 

"We're never going to get out of here!" I started to cry, I already felt hopeless, and we came to another split with another three tunnels which I'm sure only led deeper into the maze of twisted caverns.

"Don't cry it's alright," Seth said rubbing his head on my leg. "We'll find another way out of here, then I'll help you get your sister back." 

"You will?" I asked through my tears quickly wiping them away on my sleeves.

I couldn't believe my luck I was so happy to have someone from Luminari to help me out, I threw my arms around the dog's neck in a hug and began thanking him. 

"Kid let go, come one I don't like being touched get your hands off me," Seth said starting to squirm. 

"Sorry," I said wiping snot from under my nose.