Finally Pt3

Sunoo hugged Sunghoon and waved goodbye as the latter left the apartment.

His smile hurt his cheeks, but he kept smiling, walking on a literal cloud until he reached the kitchen.
He knew that Jake had texted him during his meeting with Sunghoon, however he couldn't have guessed how much.

In fact, his phone screen was entirely filled with the notifications of Jake's texts.

The boy smiled and unlocked the device, rapidly scrolling through the conversation.

• JACKEY 🐕•

Jackey🐕

Omg Sunoo, are you up?
Answer me...

Please don't tell me you overslept

Sunshine🌞
Don't worry I didn't
Let me get ready

Jackey🐕
Have you settled on an outfit?

Sunshine 🌞
Still hesitating...

Jackey🐕
You're making me stressed
...
What time did you guys say again?

Sunshine 🌞
He should be here in fifteen minutes I think.

Jackey🐕
Fifteen!!
GO GET DRESSED

Sunshine 🌞
Alright, Alright

.

.

.
Jackey🐕
IS HE THERE ALREADY ?

OMG I WANT TO KNOW

YOURE NOT ANSWERING ANYMORE
...
That probably means he's there huh?
Well I'm going to stop texting cause your phone must be buzzing like crazy
...
Text me as soon as you can.
No, wait.
CALL me as soon as you can
...
Why am I so stressed about this?
Lowrd have mercy

Sunoo laughed, Jake was being so extra, which was usually his role. He clicked on Jake's contact info and waited for the latter to pick up.

"What took you so long?" asked Jake, with much despair in his voice.
"Calm down, he just left" explained Sunoo.
"He stayed there for four hours?" asked Jake.
"Yep" replied Sunoo. "We even ordered some food for lunch."
"Insane" commented Jake. "So.. spill it."
"First, I hadn't seen him in over two years, and even then, I only caught a glimpse of him" started Sunoo.
"Oh, that time you saw him with his ex at the mall?" asked Jake.
"Exactly" said Sunoo. "So this didn't really count. To be honest I can't remember the last time we had an actual talk. He never got the chance to know the real me. He only knew hormonally crazy teenager Sunoo that had a crush on him.."
"That's the scariest thing I have ever imagined" said Jake laughing.

"Ah ah" replied Sunoo, annoyed. 
"Sorry, go on" said Jake.
"So, back to it" continued Sunoo. "I can't even explain it, it's just that Sunghoon is one of the coolest people I've ever met, but I've never had a chance to be friends with him"
"Yeah, right, "friends"" commented Jake.
"I know how I sound, and to be honest, of course I would like to date him. However, right now, Sunghoon doesn't need a relationship. He needs time, and friendship to heal from his past relationship" explained Sunoo.

"That's quite mature of you" replied Jake.
"But you don't buy it, huh?" asked Sunoo.
"I buy it... I know you want to help him because you always want to help. I'm just unsure about your method and the outcome" explained Jake. "I don't want to see you getting hurt."
"I know" replied Sunoo softly. "But I'm an adult now, I'm aware of the risks and I'm willing to take them."

Jake sighed. He couldn't say no to that.

"So how was he?" he asked finally.
"To be honest it felt like I was 16 again. He was just as I remembered physically, but he has more tattoos now" explained Sunoo.
"Cool" whispered Jake.
"It's just that he seemed... faded" added Sunoo.
"What do you mean?" asked Jake.
"Well, he used to be this amazing extrovert that liked making jokes and was a natural charmer" explained Sunoo. "All I saw was someone who stayed in their corner for a long time. Such a long time that he had forgotten who he was."

"Intense" said Jake.

"Plus, he literally told me that he was so into this last relationship that he has forgotten what's it's like to be him" whispered Sunoo. "It broke my heart."
"It reminded you of yourself, didn't it?" whispered Jake.

Sunoo too had had his share of relationships and unfortunately he had spent a lot more time being a boyfriend rather than being himself.
Youth's mistakes.

"Of course" whispered Sunoo painfully. "He even told me that he has been struggling with anxiety, just like I do too. See, that's why I'm not even imagining anything romantic between us. I just know what he's going through and I want to be there for him as a friend. He deserves it."
"You're a good person" said Jake. "Sunghoon is lucky to have you looking out for him."

Sunoo smiled. That's what he was aiming for.

"And about the roommate stuff?" asked Jake, suddenly remembering why they were talking in the first place.
"Well, I showed him the apartment and explained everything from the bills to the cleaning schedule. You know, the rules you and I used to have before you moved in with Heeseung. I wanted to give him all of the information he needed to take the right decision" said Sunoo. "It took a long time."

"Understandably" commented Jake. "But it's better to be clear from the beginning, so he knows what it's going to be like if he moves in."
"Well, actually we settled on a decision before he left" said Sunoo.
"Did you now?" replied Jake.
"Yep, he's going to live here for a three weeks trial test" said Sunoo. "He suggested it. As we don't know each other that well, he thought it would be better this way. Which is obviously a good idea cause actually living with someone is a big deal. For the both of us."
"That's... kinda clever, even if I hate to admit it" said Jake. "Please promise me that if there are things you disagree with, you'll tell him. This isn't a trial just for him to see if he wants to live with you. It's a two sided way."
"Of course Jakey" replied Sunoo. "Come on, I'm not twenty anymore."

"Alright, alright" said Jake. "So when does the trial begin?"
"In two days" replied Sunoo.