Ice Ring part 4 -Heehoon

Two weeks had passed since the first dream about the hockey boy. Since then, he had haunted Sunghoon's sleep every night, and the latter hated it.

Why can't my brain dream of someone else? Or why do I need to remember all of those dreams when I usually forget them as soon as I wake up?

"So?" repeated Sunoo, waiting for an answer.

They were in the school's cafeteria. People were chatting all around them while enjoying their lunch, creating a muffled background noise. Sunoo was already eating his dessert, a mint choco cookie.

"Sorry Sun, I lost track. What did you say?" asked Sunghoon, carefully watching the cookie in disgust.
"Should we get dressed together before prom?" repeated the pink haired boy, not noticing Sunghoon's face expression.

"Oh, that. Sure" confirmed Sunghoon.

He had been back and forth on this prom thing. Some days he was happy about it because it would be a great night, he would dance and make great memories with Sunoo.
Then, he'd remember Sunoo had a date, and he didn't want to third wheel, so he got sad again. That's when the doubt about inviting someone out kicked in again.
Hopefully that last thought never lasted enough to matter. Sunghoon wanted to go alone.
Sunoo had even joked that Sunghoon could bring his skates as date.
Sunghoon did not laugh at this.
Then again, prom was the closure of High School, and that was something good. Sunghoon wanted to move out and start university, hopefully with the grant.

However to have this grant, he needed to best the hockey boy.

Damn.

"I'm looking forward to it, because-" started Sunoo.
"Wait, WHAT?" furiously asked Sunghoon out of the blue, cutting Sunoo mid-sentence.

Sunoo stopped talking and followed Sunghoon's gaze. He soon understood his best friend's burst of anger.

There was a wall in the cafeteria that the students could use, and it was constantly covered in posters for information, events and so on.
Usually, when one poster's date had passed, it was considered okay putting another poster over it. However someone hadn't respected this rule.

Sunghoon abandoned the last piece of chicken he had brought for lunch on his plate and got up.
He needed to be sure.

He walked up to the wall, ignoring everyone around him. He grew angrier at each step he took.

His eyes hadn't wronged him. His beautiful poster for this Sunday's Ice Skating Spectacle wasn't readable anymore. Someone had glued a poster over it.

Now, from far away, he couldn't know which poster had been illegally put over his, and maybe that was a good thing. Because there hung a ridiculous poster for the next hockey match, coincidentally on Sunday as well.

On the top of it, and only to mess up Sunghoon's mind, the poster displayed a "cool captain" vibe Heeseung, inviting the reader to come support him and his team during the match.

"I can't believe it" mumbled Sunghoon.

His hand was clenched so hard that his knuckled had turned to white. He felt his ears burning up, as they always did when he was furious.

"You should come too" said a friendly voice behind him.

Sunghoon turned around, ready to put his fist on the Puck Prince.
However, it wasn't him. It was his friend. Well, one of his friends. The black haired one that had the sharpest jaw and gaze of the school.

"We're playing against our rival school, so we accept all the support" added the hockey player with a gentle smile.

Sunghoon stayed silent, not understanding why he was talking to him.

"I'm Jay, by the way" said the latter. "We cross paths a lot in the locker room, but I don't think we have been introduced yet."
"I'm Sunghoon" answered the Ice Prince. "I have a skating spectacle that day, can't come."

And mostly I DON'T WANT TO.

"It's a shame" replied Jay, slightly shaking his head.
"Well, I don't want to be rude, but I already don't like your friend much, and today I see that his face is covering my poster, so I'm really not in the mood for him, nor hockey" said Sunghoon, surprising himself as soon as the words came out of his mouth.

Jay nodded.

"Understandable. But you know, Heeseung isn't that bad. I bet you could be friends one day" commented Jay.

The laughter in Sunghoon's head was very loud. He had to carefully contain himself not to burst out loud.

"Him and me, friends? I don't think so" he simply replied, trying to stay polite.

"If you say so. Anyway, good luck for your spectacle" said Jay, before walking away.

Sunghoon stayed there a few seconds, processing this weird conversation. He looked over and locked eyes with Sunoo, who seemed way more lost than him.

That made the trick and Sunghoon walked back to his place to meet Sunoo and his last piece of chicken. 

~

"Wait so Jay invited you to go support their hockey team?" asked Sunoo for the third time.

He still couldn't believe it.

"Yeah, what was that about? We spent four years ignoring each other and today he invites me? And then he defends this Heeseung?" commented Sunghoon. "Weird right?"

Sunoo nodded furiously.
"If it hadn't been the same day as our spectacle, would you have gone though?" slowly asked Sunoo.

"Me? no! How could you say such thing! Heeseung is ugh" replied Sunghoon right away.

"Oh boy" replied Sunoo laughing. "Does someone have a crush on hockey boy?"

Sunghoon opened his eyes widely.

A crush? A CRUSH?

"You are kidding me right?" asked Sunghoon, suddenly very serious.
"Well, you got really defensive there, I don't know" replied Sunoo.

He had noticed the hockey group, somewher on their left getting up and heading out of the cafeteria, which meant, they would walk past Sunoo and him.

"I. Do. Not. Have. A. Cru-" started Sunghoon.

*Attention, Please*

The students stopped talking. They didn't hear the voice of the secretary on the speakers often, so when it happened they paid attention.

*This is an official announcement. The winner of the University Athlete Grant of this year will be revealed this Friday, at Prom*

Sunghoon looked at Sunoo in shock.

At prom?

Sunghoon noticed only then that the hockey team had stopped walking to hear the announcement right next to their table.

"See you there then, Ice Prince" commented Heeseung loud enough for the whole cafeteria to hear.

He smirked and casually raised a brow as he walked past Sunghoon.