Sleeping arrangments - Sunki

Niki was laying in bed. He was tired from his day, yes, but it wasn't enough to help him fall sleep quickly.

His hyungs had told him that he should try going to bed earlier, which wasn't wrong, but they also had advisedly him to try sleeping alone for a change. It's true that since they had moved in their dorm, Niki had always crawled into someone else's bed and slept next to them.

There's nothing wrong with sleeping next to them. I don't know why they don't want to...

Okay maybe I don't give them enough privacy.

Niki turned himself on his back, looking at the ceiling.

I miss Sunoo...

He turned his head and looked in Sunoo's direction, but all was dark in the room, and he couldn't distinguish anything clearly.

I have to accept he doesn't want to sleep next to me... when Jake mentioned it, Sunoo remained silent, which means he agrees with Jake.

Niki turned his head back. He couldn't be next to Sunoo, but he could imagine Sunoo was there with him.

He closed his eyes and pictured his hyung next to him. He had a fluffy pajama and his hair was slightly messy on the pillow. He also had a beauty mask on. Without even realizing it, Niki had now a cute smile on his face.

With this image in mind, the youngest member of Enhypen slowly and peacefully fell asleep.

Unfortunately, the peace didn't last. Niki's mind whipped out Sunoo's image to created horrible nightmares.

Niki was used to action filled dreams, in which he had to fight villains, save his friends and so on, however, this time it was different.

Niki was in an abandoned hangar and he needed to get out of it as soon as possible. Unfortunately, the building was filled with monsters, and they had the best hearing in the monster realm. Niki cautiously stepped outside of the closet he was hiding in and started walking towards the entrance.

He passed a corner and finally saw the staircase he needed to use. He rushed towards it and started going down when he heard the terrifying growl of a monster behind him. Niki looked back and instantly regretted it. The monster had a horrible face, which made Niki scream.

That was the second thing he regretted. His scream had been heard by all the monsters in the building, and he knew they were all running to get him.

Niki turned back and tried going down the stairs.

He needed to escape.

His legs weren't cooperating.

Niki heard the monsters getting closer and closer.

The moment he felt claws on his back, he woke up.

His heart was racing and he couldn't move yet. He nonetheless opened his eyes. The ceiling was still there.

Okay. Why ?
The first time I try sleeping on my own I have nightmares?
That's a sign right?

Niki tried closing his eyes again, but he could only see the monster's disgusting face.

I don't care. I'm going to Sunoo's bed right now.

Determined, he turned himself, ready to leave his bed when he felt something on his way.

"Niki?" asked a sleepy voice.
"Sunoo? Is that you?" whispered Niki back.
"Yeah, sorry I woke you up by coming here" apologized Sunoo.
"It's okay" replied Niki, still trying to process what was happening.

"It's just that... I can't sleep without you" explained Sunoo, his blushing cheek's hidden by the darkness of the bedroom.

"I thought you didn't like when I sleep next to you" said Niki, still confused.

"No, I love it actually" added Sunoo. "I just didn't want to say it in front of everyone."

Niki smiled widely. He didn't even answer, he just wrapped his arms around Sunoo, who instantly gently rubbed his face against Niki's chest.
Niki couldn't believe what was happening. He had dreamed of hug-sleeping with Sunoo for weeks, and now they were actually doing it.
He felt so light hearted and happy at that moment, which was a huge contrast with his last nightmare.
Niki noticed that Sunoo's breathing was getting more and more calm, he was almost alseep.

"Let's always sleep like that" suggested Sunoo, yawning.
"Deal" replied Niki, closing his eyes as well, knowing he would sleep peacefully this time.