Secret Santa - ot7

"It's Christmas! It's Christmas! IT'S CHRISTMAS!"

Jay and Sunghoon looked at each other. They had just started their breakfast.

"Looks like Sunoo is up" commented Jay, still half asleep.
"How can he be so energetic this early?" asked Niki, filling his glass with water.

"Easy" replied a happy voice behind them. "It's-"
"Christmas, we got it" replied Niki laughing.

Sunoo joined them with his pouting face on.

"The real question is why aren't you all as excited as me" said Sunoo.
"Admit that you just want the presents" replied Niki, smirking.
"That's not true" said Sunoo, undignified.

Sunghoon, Jay and Niki looked at Sunoo, raising their eyebrows.
"There's the food too" added Sunoo, making them all laugh.

"I'm pretty proud of the present I found this year! I'm gonna be the best secret santa this time" said Jay, smiling.
Suddenly Niki stopped laughing.

"I... have to go" he said, leaving the kitchen as fast as he could.
"I can't believe he forgot about secret santa again" said Sunghoon.
"I can easily believe it" replied Sunoo, joining them for breakfast.

"So... who did you pick?" asked Sunoo.
"Look, you've been asking that for almost a month now, I'm still not telling you" replied Jay.
"Come on" tried Sunoo. "It's tonight."
"Don't you want the surprise?" asked Sunghoon.
"Yes, I do, but I'm just really curious" explained Sunoo.

~

Heeseung was finishing wrapping up his gift. It wasn't the best wrapping in the history of presents, but it would work.

He looked at his phone, it was almost time. He wrote a little note and slipped it into its envelope.
Heeseung got up and walked to the living room. Sunoo had spent a whole day decorating the dorm some weeks ago and the living room looked the best.
There were green and red tinsels hanging on the walls and a big decorated tree near the tv. Six presents were already under it. Heeseung quickly added his and headed for the kitchen. He could hear the cheerful voices of the members in the hallway.

"Hyung! You were almost late" said Jungwon, smiling at Heeseung. "Sunoo was very close to start eating without you."
"That's a lie" said Sunoo, putting back the chicken he had just picked up with his chopsticks. Heeseung noticed that they had left him an empty seat at the end of the table. They usually did that because he was the oldest. On the right side were sitting Jake, Jungwon and Jay and on the other there were Niki, Sunoo and Sunghoon.

Heeseung sat with them, admiring all the food on the table.
"Jay did you cook all this?" he asked, impressed.
"Stayed in the kitchen all day for you guys" replied the concerned, proudly smiling.
"We have the best cook in town" added Jungwon,  patting Jay's arm.
"Before we start eating, could I say something?" asked Niki.

However, he didn't wait for an answer. He got up, looked at his hyungs and took a deep breath.

"When I decided to come to Korea, I wanted to achieve a dream. Now it's been four years since we debuted and I am very grateful for having achieved that. Thing is, I didn't know I would get something much more important. A second family" he said, smiling at them. "Thank you for always taking care of me."

"Who gave you the right to say something so moving just before eating?" asked Sunoo, quickly wiping the tear on his cheek.
"We love you too Niki" said Jay, with a proud dad face.

"Now, let's eat before Sunoo passes out" suggested Heeseung.

The meal went well. Jay may have cooked too much, but he knew the leftovers wouldn't last until tomorrow night. He had tried cooking each member's favorite food, which meant a lot of preparation time. However, seeing the members smiling and enjoying the food had made it all worth it.