Chapter 36 Axl ❤️ Licah

Mulai dari awal

"Baby, what are you doing?" Axl asked.

"I am here in Honey's room. Why did you call?"

"No reasons. I just miss you. I am going home now. I'll see you, my wife."

I can only shake my head. I never imagined Axl will be this sweet to me. I am so lucky to be married to a Kirigun.

We just stayed in Honey's room. For sure, he is bored as hell. He has been staying here since they returned. Honey can't go out yet because he is not fully healed.

"I'm here." Axl sent me a message. I left them and went to our room.

How handsome my husband could be? He looks so hot in his suit. I removed his tie and helped him change his clothes.

"How is my wife here? How is my baby too?" He kissed my tummy.

"We are good here. You shouldn't ask mommy Reese and Riley to look after me. I am telling you they are so serious with their task."

"I just want you to be comfortable here. Anyway, I brought all the items on your list. You happy?" What did I do in my past life to deserve this?

I know I shouldn't compare, but I was the one who always make effort with Trent before. I know I deserved Axl's love because I have been good. I am really happy now. Trent has been part of me, and I would be always thankful that he didn't leave me for a decade. But now, I think I am the happiest. I am happy that our wedding didn't push through. Axl and I would never happen, given that Trent came to our supposed wedding.

"Why are you smiling?" Axl asked.

"I think I would never stop smiling because of you. Thank you for marrying me, Axl."

The next day, I went to work with Axl. He just sent me to the office because he needs to be in the neighboring city to check on the building construction. Axl has two hotels that are soon to rise. I am too lazy to come with him. I better stay here in the office and work.

"Licah, I mean sir." Jean tapped my shoulder.

"Licah is fine." I smiled at her.

"We are going to eat out. Do you want to come?" She asked.

I messaged Axl to ask for permission. He is not replying. Maybe it is fine. I'll just bring a bodyguard with me.

"I'll go with you."

I followed them and it's late to realize that this is the restaurant owned by Trent. It was according to my husband.

"Do you want to try somewhere else?" I asked Jean and my other colleagues.

"Come on, Licah. This is the best one." Jean grabbed my arm, but my bodyguard was too quick to push her.

"It's fine. She didn't hurt me. Do you want to eat with us? Let me order for you."
I asked my bodyguards.

"We will wait outside. Please do call us if you need something."

The lunch went well. Some became uncomfortable talking to me after knowing that I am married to Axl. It was only Jean who still treats and talks to me the same way.

I noticed a familiar man just arrived. Fuck! It's Trent. Ms. Ronquillo called him. "Mr. Rivera, here."

Trent turned his head. Our eyes met.

"Yes, hi." He replied to our department head, but his eyes are still staring at me. "LJ, you're here." He is talking to me this time.

"Oh, you know Mr. Jongcheveevat?" Ms. Ronquillo asked him.

"Mr. Jongcheveevat?" He looked at me.

"Yes, he is the wife of our CEO. Anyway, congrats on your restaurant. It seems that it is becoming popular." The head told him.

Trent is still looking at me.
"I need to talk to LJ first. Come with me."

What is he doing?

I don't want to.

He moved his head closer to me. "Follow me or do you want me to tell them that I am your ex-boyfriend, and the one consistently sending the flowers to your office?"

"Go ahead. Tell them." I gritted my teeth.

"You sure Axl will be okay that you are telling people around that I am your ex-fiance? Follow me."

I followed him to the smoking area. "Anyway, I'll pay you. You settled my debt, right?"

"It's ours. It was late because I had to gather a big amount of money for it. So you are married now?" He walked closer to me.

"I'll still pay you. So, what do you want to say? Be quick."

"What I want to say is I love you and I know I still own your heart. Be with me again, love. Don't you miss the old us? Because me...I missed it every day, love. I was a fool back then but I fucking love you still. Can we go to my condo tonight? You can just tell Axl that you are meeting a friend. We will fix it. Let's meet secretly for now. You know that no one can love you more than I do."

"Axl loves me so much."

"You believed him? He was just using you. He just wants to get married. It doesn't matter who. Open your eyes, Licah. Axl doesn't love you. He didn't find you. He dated multiple guys and girls in search of a partner, but you came willingly into his life. Believe me, he doesn't love you. The pressure just pushed him to marry you."

"You are crazy. I love Axl so much that it hurts hearing this from you even though I know none of what you said just now is true. We are expecting a baby of our own, Trent."

"I can be the father. Wait... are you pregnant?" He raised his voice.

"I am."

"We've been together for several years. It's impossible that you never carried my child. Did you abort ours?" What the hell is he talking about? It's not my fault that I never got pregnant before. I am thankful that it didn't happen.

Trent held my shoulders roughly. "That is impossible. Did you get pregnant before?" He sounded like a lunatic.

"You are hurting me. This is my first pregnancy. Let go of me." Should I call my bodyguards? I am afraid they will be reporting this to Axl.

"If you never had a kid with me, you shouldn't have with Axl too,"

"I am calling Axl." I warned him.

"I think he will believe me if I say that the child is mine." He smirked.

"Axl would never believe you."

He grinned before letting go of me. "See you again, love. Enjoy his attention for now. You will be crawling back to me soon, as how you always do before."

I held my chest when he left. What happened to the Trent I know?