Chapter 24 Axl ❤️ Licah

Licah's POV

I didn't know that the one who will interview me is one of Axl's applicants that I rejected before. She wanted to be Axl's wife too. I think she knows I am the one who did that.

She let me start by telling something about myself. I started with my recognition during school and with my past work experiences. I am not nervous. I am confident. What bothers me most is how she looks at me. At least, leave her personal grudge out of this.

"This will be a serious task and we need someone who will be dedicated to this job. We will be needing someone keen on details since you can drag the company down with just a missing digit 0 in your report.  We needed someone who have a leadership skill too. You get what I mean?" She asked.

"I understand ma'am. I believe I am perfect for the job." I said confidently.

"This wouldn't be easy. We may ask you to extend working hours, but we can assure you that every second will be compensated. Checking your transcript of records is amazing. If you can promise that you'll be dedicated to this job, then please sign the contract. We will be very pleased to have you on our team." Ms. Ronquillo smiled at me.

I smiled at her back. "You have my words on that. You won't regret it, ma'am." I signed the contract.

I returned to my husband's office. I acted like I am down.

"It's okay, baby. You don't need that job." Axl played with my hair.

I just kept silent for a moment.

"I feel sad. I swear."

"Baby, you can stay at home. I can transfer my office there too if you want. Nothing is impossible." Axl suggested.

"I feel sad because this will be my last day as your assistant. I'll be one of the team leaders in the finance department. How about that?" I smiled widely.

"Ugh! It's not surprising. Congratulations!" How could he look so fake greeting me?

"At least act happy and proud for me."

Axl faked a wide smile again.

We went home earlier than usual.

"Wow, am I seeing Axl right now? It's too early for you to be here." His grandmom welcomed us with his gardening shovel in his hand.

"This is married life, mom." Axl answered without letting go of my hand.

"Good that you are married." Mommy Reese turned to me. "Get changed now, Licah. You are coming with us."

"Where, mom?" I asked. Of course, I need to dress according to the place.

"Gardening." Riley put his arm around me. I looked at him from head to toe. He will pass as the most stylish gardener of all. I was shocked when I see Maru and my mother-in-law too.

I looked at Axl. Please save me. I don't want to plant.

"Get changed, baby. Come with them." Axl said.

I have no choice then.
I followed them after changing into more comfortable clothes. I have to watch them first planting while watching the gardening tips on Youtube. They looked so serious like their life depends on it. Riley is different though since he is busy taking selfies on the bench.

Sir Rain and Cloud followed here as well.

"Intruders." Riley said.

"We want to plant too." I was amazed at how they answered in unison.

After a week here, I found out that they are both Maru's partners. I don't know how can he handle that.

Axl came too with a bottle of iced tea. "You tired?" He asked.