Chapter 29 Axl ❤️ Licah

Licah's POV

How can I tell Axl that our department is planning a two-days team building? I think he will be okay with it. He is busy too.

I am in my office. Our meeting just ended with that announcement. I am new to the team, and I need to be present there.

I could only sigh.

My husband messaged me, "I am busy, baby. Let's just meet after work. Sorry 😘"

"NW 😉" I replied.

"NW?" He asked.

"I meant no worries, husband."

I think the department head is slowly releasing her grudge against me. Everything I do is not good enough for her.

She left her room to put a pile of documents on my table again. "Review this and compare it to your works. You might learn with this."

She doesn't like how I report the financial statements. To be honest, what I do is more accurate. Just because they are used to the old way doesn't mean it can no longer be improvised.

I sighed.

"Are you complaining?" She raised her voice.  

Ugh.

Yeah. I am complaining. I am the wife of the CEO. I have all the means to kick you out in a snap. If I tell Axl how you are treating me, you are so dead, girl.
No. Not now. I'll plan better, so it would be a shock to her. Once I quit as an employee, you will never raise a voice at me ever again.

"I am not, ma'am." God knows how I want to talk back. Don't worry. Enjoy your time for now. I will see how good you are after I quit.

I am so stressed. I didn't realize I was already walking to my husband's office.

I opened the door roughly, and that's when I saw one of the team leaders holding a folder in front of my husband's desk.

I am glad it is not our head department, Ms. Ronquillo.

Lorraine is staring at me with confusion. She is a team leader same level as me.

"I am sorry, sir. I will be back again."
I told my husband.

"Why, baby? Is there a problem?" Axl asked me with worry.

I looked at Lorraine first. We are caught now.

"No, sir. I'll be back." I said.

"Seriously, did someone make it hard for you again? Who?" Axl ignored the fact that one of his employees was here with us.

Okay, I'll just let my husband handle Lorraine.

"No, baby. I am just sleepy. Can you ask someone to buy me a coffee?"

He pressed the phone connected to Ria. "Latte and Americano in my office." He ordered his secretary.

Lorraine is still standing, staring at us, confused about what is happening.

"Don't breathe a word about this to anyone." I asked her.

"Alright, Licah. I mean, s-sir."
She stuttered.

"No, Licah is fine. No need to call me sir. Why are you here, anyway?"

"Ms. Ronquillo asked me to let this paper be signed directly since this is a rush." Lorraine said.

"There is a process. Why would you go straight here?" My husband asked.
"I am busy. Just put it there and leave."

"But, sir..." Lorraine nervously answered him.