Chapter 2 Axl ❤️ Licah

Axl's POV

"Axl, do you think it would be better if I give him space like what he is asking?" Damn! I do not know and I do not care. My cousin is having a problem again, this couple is always fighting. It's nonstop.

"Just break up," I answered.

"Shut up! Crazy! I shouldn't have talked to you." Enzo, my cousin, growled. He is the son of daddy Rye and Riley. Imagine being in a relationship since he was 13 with Honey. He is already 20 this year. Fuck! How can they last with daily bickering?

"Then give him space. A year perhaps, by that time he is already with someone else." I teased.

"Die single! Who cares?" He slammed the door. How hot-headed?

Here goes another couple. "Axl!"
What is it again? "Look at my lip. Your grandfather bit it."

Oh, it's really bleeding. I pulled my grandmom to sit. "Does it hurt a lot?"

"It hurts a lot." Mommy Reese sobbed.

I looked at the suspect. He raised his hands. "I didn't mean it." How can he still laugh?

I grabbed the first aid kit. "You will be okay." Well, there is a technique for talking to my grandmom. You would know it sooner.

"He is hurting me now. This is physical abuse." Mommy Reese whined.

"Yeah, that is why you shouldn't marry in the first place."

"Whattttttt????!!!" He exclaimed.

Did I say it aloud?

"I was just joking."
I cleaned his wound first and applied a cream. "Avoid kissing for a year to heal."

"Kill me instead." My grandmother answered. "I heard from your secretary that you have already hired someone to be the official wife finder of yours."

"Secretary? You mean Ria the spy?" He hired her to check on me.

"Yes, I just hired someone because I know you guys wouldn't stop bothering me about this marriage thing. Okay! You find me one. Anyone shorter than me is good. As long as he is breathing and can be quiet 24/7, then it's good."

"No, no, no, we will still have the last say on this. Just breathing is not fine. She or he must be gorgeous. That person should have the ability to bear a child." It was Riley.
"How is my cutie nephew? Happy Birthday. I prepared a party in the garden. Let's go."

"I am injured." My grandmother said.

"Your lips are hurt. You can still walk. Or do you want me to carry you?"

"If you can, why not?" He answered.

"How about a wheelchair for you?" I teased him.

"I am not old." Mommy Reese yelled.

And they really prepared the loudest party for me.

"No strippers?"

"Do you want to? Just for you to be interested in anyone I can find a way." My mom said.

"I am just kidding. I am not that old. I can marry someday when the time is right."

"Axl! Did you see your cousins? They are married before you. I bet Enzo would settle down before you too." He hissed.

Can't they accept the fact that I am okay being single?

"I don't know why you hate relationships so much." My mom again.

It's not for me but I can marry anyone standing except for that Licah. I hate him to the core.

I asked permission to sleep early after dinner. Tomorrow will be busy day again for me.

I walked straight to the elevator, followed by my bodyguards. There are three who always follow me around anywhere I go.

Ria handed a file to me. "Sir, the meeting was postponed to 10 due to personal reasons by Sir Chua."

"By whose permission? Stick to the schedule. Continue with or without him."

"But, sir, he has the...."

"I don't care. It's either he rushes here right now or we can continue without him. Now, bring me coffee."
I looked at Mike. He knows what to do. All food and drinks need to be checked by my bodyguards. People would want to see me dead. Those guys smiling at me in the board room are the same people who want to see me lifeless.

Ria entered the office with a cup of black coffee.

"Sir, the new assistant is now in the HR room. What time can he meet you?"

Damn it.

"I still have 15 minutes. Send him here now."

Why the fuck am I this nervous?

Ria opened the door and I saw that guy again.

"Sit." Without eye contact, I ordered him to be seated on the couch.
"Your name?"

"Licah John Ruiz, sir. You can call me LJ." He nervously answered. No thick eyeglasses, no braces but he still talks awkwardly.

You can't tell me what I want to call you.
"So, Licah, were you briefed already about your job description?"

"Yes, sir Axl. I will work as your personal assistant. Also, I am going to filter all those who are applying to be your partner. I need to get closer to you so I can know what is your taste and if..."

"Okay. You can go now." I dismissed him.

"Sir, I am from MSU too." He smiled.

Of course, I know. I cannot forget you, liar.

"Yes, I saw it in the file."

"Do you remember me?" He is still smiling widely.

"No."

"Well, for sure you don't. I am excited about this project. I will just send some private announcement to the top 5% family of Thailand. If you need anything here is my..."

"Ria will contact you if I need something from you. And about the announcement, they don't need to come from the wealthy clan."

I focused on my laptop. Good job, Axl. Pretend like you don't fucking know him.

That memory still sinks in my brain.

He acts like nothing happened before. Is he clueless? Or he is just trying to erase the bad things that happened before by acting cool with it.

My schedule today is full. Every time I walked past his desk, he is always with his Airpods.

"Ria, tell the newbie to follow me to my office," I ordered.

"I heard it, sir. Following." Licah is damn energetic.

"So, how is it?" I asked before I could even sit on my swivel chair.

"A lot of applicants, sir. Do you like skinny girls or do you want the curvy one?"

"How can you say that what I want is a girl?"

"Well, there are lots of boys too. I will filter to those who can carry a baby to continue the bloodline." He is acting like he loves this job so much.

"Tell me something about yourself."
What the hell, Axl?

"I am 30 years old already, sir. I am living in one of your grandfather's condo units. I live alone. I am an only child and my parents passed away before my college graduation. My last year at MSU was sponsored by Sir Miracle since I have high grades. I graduated as Summa cum laude." He sheepishly said.

"Married?"
Oh shit!

He bitterly smiled at me. "Almost. If only my 12 years boyfriend didn't leave. Anyway, the important thing here is to find yours. I am okay being alone."

"Okay. You can bring the papers to your home. If you need someone to help with the background checking, coordinate with Ria." I slid my laptop inside my bag and left my office.

12 years with Michael Trent.
You did fucking well, LJ.