I get up and open the little door to go out. Before I get to the main door out of the restroom, a lady comes in, almost bumping into me but I am quick to move back.

When she looks up to apologize, I find her familiar.

"Isabella?" She calls my name and I rack my brain for a few seconds to figure out who she is and where I know her from.

A look of disappointment crosses her expression. "Don't tell me you don't recognize me?"

It sounds like a question so I nod and she sighs and stands in front of me with arms akimbo.

"I'm Anna, your…Jayden's Assistant", she says and I feel bad for not recognizing her. I guess her makeup and dress made it impossible to figure it out quickly.

"I'm so sorry", I apologize and she nods with a polite smile. 

I expect her to move away so I can go out but she isn't moving away from the door.

"Can you please excuse me? My husband must be waiting for me already."

In response, she scoffs and the good-girl look is off her face.

"Jayden and I are supposed to come to this party together", she utters, examining me from head to toe. "Why did he come with you?"

"Is this party a boss-Assistant party?" I ask her sharply. 

I won't be intimidated. I already know her and why she is working with Jayden. If only I wasn't aware, I would have been surprised by her choice of words but I am not 

This is expected. The envy.

"Oh, really?"

"Wait", I raise a finger. "Did you just call Jayden by his name? Isn't he your boss?"

"I guess that's how you also called him his name when you were his Assistant till you got him into your bed and force him to marry you."

"You said your name is Anna, right?" I question, looking bothered about what rubbish she is spurting out of her mouth.

"I had a friend in high school whose name was Anna and she was very nice, not a bitch like you. If you will excuse me…"

"How dare you!" She growls at me with a menacing look on her face.

Before I can say anything, the door opens and Jayden comes in. I expel a deep sigh.

"What the hell is happening here?" He demands with his hands in his pockets, glancing from me to Anna who begins to smile all of a sudden.

"Your Assistant here was telling me how unethical it is to bring your wife to the party instead of her", I inform him and he glares at her harshly.

"How dare you talk to my wife that way?" He defends me and a smile creeps to my face.

Anna's smile vanishes and she bows lightly. "I'm sorry, sir."

Jayden turns to me and moves closer to hold my hands. "You've been gone for too long. I was worried."

The closeness is because of Anna's presence. I am sure of this. Jayden doesn't do this when no one is around.

Time to switch to my acting mode too, I say within me and place my two hands on his chest. "I'm fine."

I can feel the beating of his heart. It is pounding wildly and my heart also begins to thump hard the same way coincidentally.

"I'm sorry about Sebastian from earlier. He used to be one of my friends", he informs me and I raise a brow, wondering if he is doing this because Anna is here or just pleading to me with all honesty. He must have figured out that I was uneasy being with that guy.

"It's fine."

"I love you", he says in a low tone and I hear Anna grumble.

I smile at his handsome face. "I love you, too."

Before I can process what I just said, he crashes his lips on mine and I go still immediately. My heart stops beating and my eyes are wide open. 

Anna's gasp jerks me out of my reverie and I realize what is happening. Quickly, I close my eyes.

This isn't real, I keep telling myself as his lips move on mine and my heart begins to race faster than ever before.

This is just a show. This is just to convince Anna that we are real couples. 

This is practically our first ever kiss as acting couples. The first one which happened at the lake house isn't considered a kiss because no one was in sight.

But I value that kiss. It means so much to me. 

My stomach churns and my legs become weak when he grabs me closer to him, his nose brushing mine roughly as he deepens the kiss.

His hands caress my cheeks and his breath fans my entire body, making a shiver run down my spine.

I open my mouth wider for him to explore and he does that, delving his tongue further in.

When the door slams shut, I know that Anna is already out of the restroom, unable to bear the sight of me kissing a man who was promised to become her husband.

Well, they might actually work out when I am gone.

Instead of pulling away from the kiss, I let Jayden continue kissing me, wondering if he is aware that she is out already or not.

Suddenly, he stops but his mouth is still on mine. I open my eyes and his eyes flutter open too.

He glances around to see that we are alone before he gently pulls me away with one of his cutest smiles which I consider as an apology for kissing me.

My heart sinks deep inside of me but I have to force myself to smile back at him.

"Let's go home!" He says and grabs my hand to take the exit out.

****

What just happened?

Another kiss?😅😅😅

Is this part of the act or something else?😂😂😂

Air your views and don't forget to vote.