61. Ascertain

Nickolas's POV

Before I go to the house I am going to make a quick stop to check on how things are with Gavin and his girl.

I pull up to his house and knock before I he open the door to let me in..

"Wa gwan?" I ask while stepping in.

"Everything govan.. yuh know say mi did juss ago call yuh tho, Gweneese remember something weh happen." This is what I'm here about.. I expected this from him.

"We ago Tek care a everything, nuh buss yuh brain.. mi juss come Fi check pon if unu good zeen. Just keep -"

"No." He cuts me off

"Mi na ask yuh.. a tell mi a tell yuh say yuh nu fi worry bout it, a my problem this now... It's not yours anymore." she needs him more than ever right now.

Ashley is in the hospital and she doesn't know that... Since as her best friend cya go comfort her Right now.. she need her man.

"Mi no give a fuck bout wa yuh n Reginald have... A different business mi a go fa.. and yuh cya stop mi.. nobody can.. Gweneese family need to know she's ok.. and she needs them as much as how she need mi and Ashley." He says.

I pinch the bridge of my nose and shake my head.. " bomboclat... It's like say everybody Ina my life have stick bruck off Ina them ears.."

"Then if yuh na come Fi my sake... Wa yuh motive?"

"Yuh wi see."

Kool.

"Wa yuh did a tell mi say she remember?" I ask.

"As mi did a say... She say she remember wa short man wid nuff hair.. and them call him Reginald."

So it was him after all.

"Ee.. suh it guh? ago link Kev.. him did a look into something weh gwan this morning."

"Ee.. a wa dat?" He asks, walking towards the little bar in the house and I follow.

"Ashley get Ina wa accident early this morning." The sound of glass breaking behind us capture our attention.

"What!!" Ashley's friend shouts standing over a broken plate and wine glass.

"What happened to her!?" She steps closer and step on a splinter.

"fuck!" Gavin rush to her before she looses balance.

"Gavin what happened to her? What accident is he talking about?" She asks.

It's like woman no feel pain ino... Her foot is bleeding and she's here worried about somebody else.

"No worry bout that babes... Yuh nu see yuh step Ina glass.." Gavin hiss.

"Nick.. help mi Tek dem ya up.. " he lift her in his hands and started to ascend the stairs

And by help him mean.. Tek Dem up without help.

I groan while getting up off the chair. This wound hurts so much.. well thank God a no mi shooting hand.

I pick up the big pieces first then discard them in the bin in the kitchen.. I looked up the stairs to see if Gavin a come...

"Bay advantage dem man deh Tek a mi ino." I hissed and scan the house for a broom and scoop.. before I could find anything I hear the two a Dem mouth.. "Gweneese!! Easy yuh self no woman."

Both thier footsteps fill the room with echos... "Nickolas why she did a drive so late. Weh yuh did deh?" She push me and my wound hurt even more...

Fucking hell man...

Gavin come control yuh WWE wrestler.

"Gwen chill no..." He says and I hold on to my shoulder.. at least mi never open mi stitches cause it na bleed.

"Mi chill Gavin.. mi foot na hurt mi.. I'm good. Mi juss wa see her.. can you please take me to the hospital to see her? I'll get the cut dressed there."

He sighs " ok." After saying that, she limps upstairs and blood drops trailed behind her...

Mek mi hurry up a cut before him ask mi Fi "help" him clean it up..

"Mi ago mek a move now zeen.. we can link back a the hospital and mi tell yuh the rest." He nods and I walk out.
.....

I was close to the house so I just stop there to get the clothes... I really don't know what to put in this bag so I'm going to put what I see her in everyday..
...

I finished packing somethings and I'm now heading to Kev's office.
.....

"Talk to mi." I said taking a seat when I'm there..

" A him.. Reginald.. some people weh see wa gwan say some man walk up to him before him reach Ashley's car.. them a say him tuck the gun Ina him front and walk off fast.. the videos are dark cause it did still dark out.. but mi manage Fi zoom in Pon him face."

People na no bed? A early hours this gwan ino.. Although mi na complain.

The picture pops up on the screen and I look closely.

Him look familiar yf..

Weh mi know tha man ya from.

"Bloodclaat." Kev says putting his hands on his head...

"A wa yuh know a who?" I ask way too eger... "Him look like somebody weh mi know... And not just weh mi know.. A also weh you know to." He says in one breath.

"Huh?"

....

I'm on my way back to the hospital after I stopping and get Ashley food along with her favorite snack..

Why him?

The thought come back to me about why is he here... I don't know much about him but I've heard stories...

I hate my self for not seeing this earlier, But non a this makes sense.

What's his motive?... Why a mi him a target when mi never do nothing to him.

Or did I?

I hiss my teeth and step a little harder on the gas pedal..

......

"Hey." I greet the crowd in Ashley's room. It's not really a crowd tho.. a juss three people.. her friend, her mother and Christopher is the only one present.

"Hey babe.. yuh see Samantha outside when yuh did a come in?" Ashley asks

"Yes.. she deh out a the front a sit down under the tree." She nods and I put down the bags and hand her the brown paper bag with the food.

"Thanks." She smiles.

"Anything for you babe." I kiss her lips and her father cleared his throat...

Oh please.

"You guys looks so perfect with each other... Truly a match made in heaven." Her mother says.

Nu too know bout the heaven part ino.

They talked a little before I go outside in the hall way to Gavin.. "As mi did a say." I take the seat beside him.

"To sum it up... A Reginald did it. And mi finally figured out where mi know him from."

.
.
.
.
.
....
......

Thanks for reading..

Remember to vote and comment 💓

(⁠。⁠・⁠/⁠/⁠ε⁠/⁠/⁠・⁠。⁠)