Chapter 2 - The Feels

She quietly got up glancing at Lucifer sleeping beside her. She couldn't suppress a grin. She and Lucifer had had a sleepover but it had been completely innocent. She kept remembering that time when Dan and Trixie had come over after Lucifer had broken in and was making breakfast. Dan jumped to the wrong conclusion and Trixie had innocently asked if they had had a sleepover. Funny enough it had happened but luckily didn't have to explain it to anyone.

About an hour after he had fallen asleep in her lap; her legs started cramping. She carefully attempted to slip out from under him but he had awoken all groggy. He had looked at her worried and quietly asked, "Are we at the point where you throw me out of your house again?"

She had assured him he could stay and sleep but it would be better if they pulled out the sofa bed he was on. Despite his grogginess, he had grinned mischievously, eyes sparkling, and asked, "am I sleeping in your bed?"

She sighed. "Yes, so I will sleep in Trixie's room."

His eyes widened. "No, I wouldn't feel right about that. Stay... please I promise I'll behave."

He looked as innocent as possible, she had to admit she was tired and wanted nothing more than to crawl into her bed. "If you promise to sleep on that side of the bed and stay on that side of the bed, I'll stay."

He looked contrite at first but then his eyes dropped down to linger on her lips. "Rest assured I'll be on my best behavior. However, you don't know what you are missing."

"I'll take my chances," she assured him.

He helped her put pillows, sheets, and blankets out then he lay down on his side. "See Detective I'm a perfect gentleman, nothing to worry about." His eyes dropped to her lips again.

Her heart gave an odd leap, he could be amusing and charming but she had a marriage to save.

"Good, you just stay on your side." She lay down and sighed. It had been a long day.

She awoke early the next morning wondering how the fire was crackling in the fireplace until she blinked and realized Lucifer was sitting in front of it.

She sat up abruptly. "Are you okay?" She asked as he sat so quietly staring at the fire almost transfixed.

"Hmm?" he turned to look at her as if he'd forgotten she was there.

"How are you feeling?" She frowned wondering if he was cold again.

"Fine, fine." He got up quickly. "I'm just making us some breakie."

And like quicksilver that pensive look was gone and he was back to his light-hearted self.

She got out of bed and headed for the shower. While the warm water washed over her she thought about Dr. Martin. Whatever she was doing other than having sex with him, seemed to be working.

He wasn't as shallow as he had been when she first met him. Or perhaps she was just developing a tolerance to his more annoying traits. Either way, she was starting to see a man she liked more and more as he became less annoying. She dried off and got dressed. She put on a dress for a change with a short jacket. She left her hair to dry naturally.

She noted Lucifer gave her a warm appraising look from head to toe then back again. He didn't say anything but his smile and raised eyebrows let her know she looked good. There was something about being appreciated. Dan hasn't said or done anything in a very long time.

She smiled at him as she walked into the kitchen to help.

"Uh uh, Detective. Go sit at the table and let me serve you. I owe you one for last night although if you ever feel cold-you are more than welcome to come to Lux and spend the night with me...I promise to warm you up in every way imaginable..."