I mock his words, crossing my arms on my chest as I look back front.

"Is this chair available?" The voice comes first, and then the owner of it. Shourya sits himself across from me, his light brown eyes shining with mischief. "I'm Shourya." He stretches his arm forward.

I shake it out of politeness. "Taranya," he grips my hand tighter, and then brings the back of it to his mouth, pressing a kiss on my knuckles before releasing it with a squeeze.

"Taranya, beautiful name." He compliments.

I pull my hand away and cross my arms back.

"You know Taranya," I look at him with fake interest. "I've been waiting for you."

"Was I worth the wait?" I indulge him out of boredom.

His smile transforms into a smirk. "Truly. Truly worth the wait."

I nod slowly, pressing my lips tighter, as though impressed with his one liners.

"Can I call you Tara?"

"No," I answer.

"C'mon, we're friends now, aren't we?"

"Is that a thing in India? Does knowing each other's names automatically makes you friends? If that's so, am I friends with everyone in this hall?" I ask sarcastically.

He chuckles. "No, but I would like us to be friends. And maybe sometime in future, more than friends."

"Overconfidence. Is that hereditary?" I ask brusquely.

His smile stretches wide. "You're amazing. I'm going to have you one day." He nods at me.

I scoff at the audacity. "Sure. One day." I nod derisively, pretending to believe his bullshit.

He gets up from the chair and looks down at me intensely. "It's a promise."

My face falls blank at his tone. "Leave."

He smirks, realising his stupid words indeed had my senses alerting in alarm. "See you soon, princess." He walks off briskly.

I suck in a sharp breath and almost drag a hand down my face but Mrs. Dodiya's strict face flashes in my head and I force my arm to rest on my lap.

A waiter walks to my side with a tray of drinks. I stop him with my hand.

"Is it juice? It looks like it."

"Uhm, it's -"

I take one glass and put the amber liquid to my mouth, swallowing three huge sips of it. The waiter gasps, his eyes wide in horror. My throat burns with the realisation of what I guzzled down thinking it to be apple juice.

"Shit!" I hiss and put the glass back down. "Don't tell anyone! Go!"

"But Princess -"

"Go! Go! Go!" I say when I spot Agastya coming towards me.

He scurries off like his tail is on fire.

Agastya eyes the waiter, then looks down at me and raises a perfect, dark brow.

"I told him to bring me something to drink. My throat is all dry." I whisper hoarsely, resisting the urge to rub my chest. How do people even drink alcohol? It's bitter and it feels like my whole body is on fire.

He nods and sits down on the chair Shourya had occupied a few minutes ago.

"Are you not going to do anything to ruin this for me?" I tilt my head to the side, uncomfortable with the distant look on his face.