(・⠀⠀)o╰┄┄ ┈ֺ꒰Mission Successful

Nimi
1:39 AM Iron Blood's Base
﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊

I hear someone docking. Ayanami is later than usual; she's the last on my list to arrive without an extended notice.

"Ayanami?" I rotate a pen in between my fingers while walking towards the noise. "You're late." I say while watching Ayanami hop onto the land. "You'fe brought less information zan you hafe in your past missions. Vat is zee matter vith you?"

Ayanami's eyes shake—like she's surprised to see me. "There isn't any new information. I'm sorry." She quickly looks down and bows her head.

"Excuse me?" I click the pen angrily.

"It's all the same. There's nothing new." Ayanami purposely wasn't looking at me as she shook water off her shoes. Her defiance is rare. Usually, she's someone who's obedient.

I couldn't help myself but think, maybe it was for something important? If that were true, she would have no problem with telling me. Unless it's personal.

I advised her years ago to not let her personal life interfere with work. It's already happened once. Maybe she didn't learn from last time.

"Zere has been announcement of us joinink forces und you don't have any information? I do not beliefe such." I keep my voice firm. Even though she's a dear friend of mine, there's no exception to the Iron Blood rules. Part of me didn't want to throw suspicion on such a loyal member of Sakura Empire, because of her being so dear to me, yet she gave me no choice.

"You expect me to just break into the royal chambers and figure out everyone's opinion on something that obviously no one is prepared for?!" Ayanami quickly raises her head, along with her voice. She catches herself wide-eyed and adverts her gaze once more. "I didn't mean to raise my voice. I'm sorry." She almost sounded sincere. Almost.

Ayanami swiftly turns to the side and heads towards her dorm.

I quickly grasp her arm before she passes me. Something I also don't usually do, but a newfound eager roots deep inside me.

Leadership. Dedication to the newly born retaliation.

"Why did you grab me?" Ayanami's usual blunt tone had a sting to it. Sounded like she was holding back a sort of sadness, maybe tears? It's never clear with what she feels, or what she thinks.

"You gafe me a good idea. Time for you to finally profe yourself." I pause to arrange the words in my head. "Tomorrow. You vill gather zee upper class' opinion on zee subject. Vat vould aid us vith gatherink efidence against Azur Lane." I loosen my grip, but continue, "if Enterprise and Queen Elizabeth are informed of, ve'll say Hood, dislikes the alliance, zey vould then be seen as a traitor."

Ayanami tries to pull away with a small frown showing.

"Understood?"

"Understood." Ayanami rips her bicep from my grasp and marches to her living quarters. She doesn't even look back to glance at me.

I watch her ponytail softly sway with the night's breeze.

6:30 AM Iron Blood's Base
﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊﹊

I knock on Ayanami's door. "Vake up, it's-" The small crack on the door becomes more ajar.

I peak inside to a unorganized room with clothes piled on the floor.

I open the door further, pushing my body into the mini hallway. Seeing Ayanami not on her bed, I open her bathroom and see no sign of her in there either.

I groan and pull the door closed behind me.

She already left.