Part 1

Betty was laying in her bed with her four year old daughter asleep in her arms.

Usually Amelia would sleep in her own bed, but because her father wasn't home she wanted to be with her mother. Betty obviously didn't mind since she loved spending time with the little angel but she was beginning to get nervous since her husband still hadn't arrived home.

Jughead was to arrive home from a work meeting that had run late, but it was already 9:30 and he still wasn't home; she was so worried. But then she suddenly got a call from him.

She quickly ran out of the bedroom, not wanting to wake her daughter, before answering her phone.

On the phone:

Betty- Juggie, I've been so worried, are you almost home?

???- Is this Forsythe's wife?

Betty- Y-Yes...who is this?

???- I'm officer Williams, there was an accident, your husband is being taken to the hospital right now. I'm so sorry.

Betty- Oh my god...i-is he okay? (tears)

Officer- We're not sure yet, his pulse was low and he clearly lost a lot of blood, but the doctors will know more than I will. He's going to be at Riverdale General.

Betty- O-Okay, thank you. (cries)

Off the phone:

Betty ended the call before placing her hand on her heart and falling to the ground. Her loud sobs filled the house, but she tried to be quiet because her daughter was still sleeping.

She pulled her knees up to her chest and continued to cry before picking her phone back up and calling her mother.

On the phone:

Alice- Hey sweetie, what's up?

Betty- M-Mom (sobs)

Alice- Baby, what's wrong?

Betty- J-Juggie! H-He was in an a-accident. (sobs)

Alice- Okay, are you at home?

Betty- Y-Yes, b-but I need to go to the h-hospital. (sobs)

Alice- Shh, baby, you need to calm down, okay? I'll be right there, is Amelia asleep?

Betty- Y-Yes. (sobs)

Alice- Okay, just stay calm baby, everything will be okay.

Betty- M-Mhm. (sobs)

Alice- I'm on my way, I'll be there in five minutes. I love you.

Betty- I l-love you too. (sobs)

Off the phone:

She placed her phone down while letting herself lean against the wall. She continued to cry for the next few minutes on her knees until she heard the door open, then she saw her mother run to her.

Alice- Sweetheart, shh, it's okay. (tears)

Betty- N-No, w-what if he dies? (sobs)

Alice- Don't think about that baby, just go, I'll be here with Mimi. (tears)

Betty nodded and got up slowly before going to her car and driving to the hospital, but as soon as she walked in she saw Fp in the waiting room pacing back and forth.

Betty- F-Fp... (cries)

Fp- Betty. (sniffles)

She ran to the man and hugged him tightly while they both cried but then they pulled away.

Betty- W-When did you get here? (sobs)

Fp- A few minutes ago, an officer called me from Jughead's phone. (sniffles)

Betty- Same. (sobs)

Fp- Where's Amelia? (tears)

Betty- She's with m-my mom. (cries)

Fp- H-He'll be okay, sweetheart. (tears)

Betty- How do you k-know?

Fp- I don't, but I believe in him.

Betty nodded and the two of them sat down, waiting for hours until finally a doctor came over to them.

Doctor- I believe you're here for Forsythe Jones?

Betty- Y-Yes, is he okay? (tears)

Doctor- He's stable. He had some internal bleeding and a lot of cuts and bruises. He was also bleeding from his head but we won't know if there's any brain damage until he wakes up.

Fp- He's not awake?

Doctor- No, he split into a coma while in surgery, we're not sure when he's going to wake up...if he does.

Betty- O-Oh my god... (cries)

Doctor- I'm sorry, there's just no guarantee. We'll do our best and we'll keep watching him but until then you should go home and get some rest.

Betty- I-I'm not leaving. (cries)

Fp- Betty-

Betty- No! I'm not going until I know he's okay. (sobs)

Doctor- That could be a long time, if you want you can stay in the waiting room but you should really go home.

Fp- Yeah, sweetie, you should go home to Amelia, make sure she's okay.

Betty- She's fine, she's with my mom...I'm not going anywhere. (sobs)

Fp- Then I'm staying with you.

Betty- N-No-

Fp- Betty, don't tell me that I need to go home. If you're staying then I'm staying.

Betty nodded and then two of them went back to sitting in the waiting room chairs.

--

Hours went by and they heard nothing but finally at around 6 in the morning the doctor came back over to them.

Doctor- He pulled himself out of his coma. He's still asleep right now but he should be up soon. I recommend that only one person be in the room when he wakes up though since we're not 100% sure how he's feeling.

Fp- Betty, you can go.

Betty- A-Are you sure? (sniffles)

Fp- Yes, you should go.

Betty- Thank you. (tears)

Doctor- Come with me, I'll take you to his room.

Betty nodded and hugged Fp before following the doctor to her husband's room, then she was left standing outside the door.

She waited for a moment so she could prepare herself before she walked in. But as soon as she saw him lying in the hospital bed she just began to cry. He looked lifeless.

She walked over to him slowly and placed her hand on his before laying next to him in the bed with her head on his chest. She kept her eyes on him while her tears fell onto his hospital gown, kissing his cheek every so often, but suddenly she felt his arm begin to move.

Betty- J-Jug... (tears)

Then his eyes opened.

Betty- Juggie! Thank god you're awake! (cries)

She hugged him tightly while kissing his cheek, but as she pulled away she realized that he seemed extremely uncomfortable.

Betty- J-Jug, what's wrong? (sniffles)

Jughead- I don't mean to sound rude, but who are you?