She couldn't burn, and if she burnt everything would.

I gazed after her, her perfect frame, graceful features, even with blemishes and bruises wild hair and a ripped dress she still managed to have me stricken with awe.

There was nothing quite like her.

Alara Mortello.

Alara Grayson.

Alara Torres

Alara.

That was all she needed to be, it didn't matter what name came after that, all she needed to be was Alara.

My Alara.

Alonso waded his way through the halls as though he knew them like the back of his hand, and I wouldn't be surprised if he had. He seemed to be a thousand steps ahead of anyone else.

I thought of the last time I had seen him.

His tense face as he watched me pull them from the crowd. The rubble the fire, the smoke clogging at my lungs, screams that I never thought could be possible, guttural and tortured. It was awful. It wasn't supposed to be like that.

And I couldn't, I couldn't let him lose everything, not when he had taught me so much. Alonso had years of experience, on me, but he never treated me like I was his subordinate, he treated me with the same level of respect as any of his other allies.

"Thank you, Cameron, I will forever be in your debt,"

And it seemed the time for repaying had come.

Soon we were outside, and the air hitting my face and the cool brush of the wind sent a strange emotion through me. It wasn't one of freedom as I knew I was still shackled to the mess that my father had made. I was trapped in it all, and part of me wondered what would I have been if I wasn't the heir to a gang if I was just a normal kid, somehow, I convinced myself in all that normalcy, Alara and I would meet on better terms, that we would fall in love naturally without the overshadowing of an arranged marriage. To have met her in my younger years, to have fallen in love with her so quickly, it would have been beautiful.

But only the lost dwelled on what could have been.

It was no way to spend a life, thinking of what could have happened, to be lost in the past meant to sacrifice the present and forsake the future.

And I wasn't one for make-believe.

"Mel?" I called out and she appeared out of nowhere, a dagger strapped to her waist and a gun in her right hand.

"What's up, Cam?"

"I still don't fully trust Alonso, this could all be a trap, I'm assuming you took your helicopter here," she nodded, and gave a look that said 'of course I did.

"I need you and Leo to follow Alonso's plane," I spoke as we spread through the clearing, of just pure concrete, where buildings probably had been torn down in an effort to make more space for something, a town perhaps that had lost funding before it could be built.

"On it," and then she disappeared towards her fiance, pulling him close and whispering my instructions into his ears.

Leo turned to me and gave me a subtle nod, and they were off in a different direction.

Alonso couldn't care less, he only needed Alara and I.

"This is your plane?" Alara spoke as we mounted the stairs, that had fallen from the plane entrance. 

"Yes dear, it's mine, our pilot will fly us to Italy, a private air path so it should be quick, no more than 3 hours," he ushered us in. It was a simple plane, befitting of Alonso who had never been one for materialism. He went for functionality over everything.

"Make yourselves comfortable," and with a knowing look, he left us alone.

As soon as he was gone I pulled Alara close, "God Alara you have no idea how much I love you," and I could feel a tightness grow in my chest as I waited for her answer.

She pulled back her perfect soft pink lips curling into a smile that could have shattered the earth, my heart may very well have stopped when she placed a warm palm on my chest, her eyes fluttering closed as she pressed against my shirt, "I know," she murmured, a pensive look on her face, "You're heart always gives you away, Cameron Grayson, you can't hide your emotions from me anymore," and then with a sly smirk, "Especially when I can touch you,"

My breath hitched as she began to explore with her hands, the contours of my arms and the broadness of my chest, they were intricate in their journey and all the while her eyes were locked with mine, "We're married now you know," she mumbled her hands resting on my neck, she pulled a little at the hair that met at the nape of my neck and the start of my skull, and it sent a rush through me, she was clutching onto the hair and pulling me closer, with both her hands hanging off of me.

"What's the matter, Grayson," she leaned forward with a wicked look in her golden eyes, "Are you scared?"

And that was all it took to break me, before I could even let out another breath I had her pressed up against the wall, my hands framing her body as she leaned against me, her breath heavy and a sweet melody in my ears, as I pressed the hungriest kiss onto her lips, her mouth opened with a gasp as she pulled me towards her, wrapping her own arms around my neck, trying to press us closer than what was possible.

But fuck, possibilities.

We were what was impossible, and that was what we would remain.

So many impossibilities we had surpassed all for this moment.

This spark of joy and love, and passion fizzled in the air as I lifted her slightly, she wrapped her legs around me her head pressed against the wall of the plane as my mouth dipped to her neck, nibbling biting and kissing every inch of immaculately brown skin.

"Cameron," her voice was breathy short and so very sweet. Her calling my name could heal all the wounds that had torn across me, her being here in my arms, as we were together finally, despite it all, we were married. Even if it wasn't under the best circumstances none of that mattered.

Not when we had our skin pressed against each other, not when were closer than ever, not when our hearts were pounding in synch, our eyes wild for each other, our mouths searching for lips and skin and their matching puzzle piece.

We fit together, so perfectly. 

She kissed me hard, not relenting as she pushed us further than possible, "I love you, Cameron Grayson, I love you more than anything in the world. You are my life, you are everything to me, Cameron I-" and she stopped her eyes becoming hodded as she tried to hold back her tears, "I don't want to ever lose you,"

"You won't," I spoke firmly and sealed it with a searing kiss, that promised her the world. That promised her she would never lose me, not ever. Everything else be damned.

As long as I had her, here in my heart, in my arms, in my life.

"Even in death," I repeated what I had told her only days ago.

She sighed heavily and smiled her dimples showing her eyes glowing beyond belief, "Even in death," she affirmed.

And then we were falling into the comfort of each other.

Falling into the sweet oblivion of the other.